Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Incessant 4 orange and 1 green blinking lights on Dell Inspiron 8600

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

29-May-2010, 06:07 AM #1
Incessant 4 orange and 1 green blinking lights on Dell Inspiron 8600
Hi, I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure if this is in the right section but on my old Dell Inspiron 8600 the battey led light keeps flashing orange 4 times followed by a green light. I've read that this is caused by a faulty battery cell. However, since this model is so old it would be a waste of money to buy a new battery. Is there a way to fix it so that this doesn't happen without buying a new battery or taking the battery out of the laptop? Is there a registry fix or what not that will sort out this problem or will I have to shove my battery in the fridge (an answer to someone else's post on another forum)? Thanks
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,536 posts.

29-May-2010, 06:15 AM #2
do you use it with the battery portable - or always plugged in ?
does it work without the battery installed - some machines will and some wont

as you say may not be worth replacing - certainly not, if always plugged in
Junior Member with 2 posts.

29-May-2010, 06:19 AM #3
I normally use it with the AC adaptor although I take it out when I need to walk over to the printer. In regards to the other question, yes it works regardless of whether the battery is plugged in or not.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,536 posts.

29-May-2010, 12:45 PM #4
user manual
http://support.euro.dell.com/support...8500/en/en.htm

Quote:
CHECK THE BATTERY STATUS LIGHT — If the battery status light flashes orange or is a steady orange the
battery charge is low or depleted. Connect the computer to an electrical outlet.
If the battery status light flashes green and orange, the battery is too hot to charge. Turn off the computer
(see page 26), disconnect the computer from the electrical outlet, and then let the battery and computer
cool to room temperature.
If the battery status light rapidly flashes orange, the battery may be defective. Contact Dell (see page 100).
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!