Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Asus C90s Help?

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Jul-2010, 02:45 AM #1
Question Asus C90s Help?
Hello all,

I have had an ASUS C90S Velocity Micro Notebook for a little over a year now and had a few problems, but the one I would like to focus on in the Webcam. I have searched the Microsoft, Velocity Micro, and Asus websites looking for drivers/help on the Webcam. My main problem is, I have no clue what specific type of webcam it is, because all it says on it is 2.0 mega pixels, leaving me with nothing. Again this is an ASUS (Velocity Micro) C90S computer.

Unfortunately, because it is 3:30am where I am, no live tech representatives are online at Asus.com, but I will try to go to that long process tomorrow (later today). And yes, I have tried searching most everything I can think of that is remotely connected to a webcam. And no, I do not have the original disk that came with the computer.

Basically I would love for anyone (or everyone) to help me by trying find drivers for the webcam. Or maybe there's a 1 in 1,000 chance that someone has this same computer and they know how to fix it. You and only you know the horrors I have to go through with this overheating mammoth of a notebook.

--------------

EDIT: Forgot to include, I have Windows 7 64bit OS, but when I bought was originally Vista 64bit.

EDIT: After looking a little while longer under my Control Panel> Printers and Devices, I found USB 2.0 PC Camera. I'm a little confused as to if this is a USB camera I plugged in at some point and installed the drivers, or if this is my built in webcam. A little symbol like this: /!\ is by it and it allows me to right click and press troubleshoot. That didn't help at all though. I looked at the properties and it appears to be a GenesysLogic USB 2.0 Webcam. I looked on the Genesys website but can't figure out if this is the actual built in webcam or not. I'm assuming it's not though, seeing as it has USB in it's name .

EDIT: Hopefully I am close to the end of this problem. I'm almost positive that the USB 2.0 Genesys camera I wrote about earlier, is the built in one. Also, the driver does seem to be updated to the most recent. Just if I go to a website like chatroullete, (lol) it says it doesn't recognize any camera. So now my problem has basically come down to the fact that my computer isn't recognizing any camera/webcam.

--------------

-Also thanks for the help so far daz1.

-I have included a picture of my webcam... If that can help anyone in anyway at all. Probably
not.

Thanks in advance for any help at all,
Etot
Attached Thumbnails
Asus C90s Help?-webcam.jpg  

Last edited by Etot; 17-Jul-2010 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: Problem changed?
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 2,664 posts.

Experience: The Matrix
17-Jul-2010, 05:01 PM #2

if you can not see it go to top tab scan hidden devices, if you look at this video of a somewhat boring bloke you will see he actually has a device error like you probably have
Computer Specs

17-Jul-2010, 05:02 PM #3

17-Jul-2010, 05:48 PM #4
Does anyone know anything about the Live Asus tech support? I tried joining 4-5 times already and every time a person joins and then leaves. Now it just lags for a while and says tech support is offline (when it says it online on the website.)
Computer Specs

17-Jul-2010, 05:56 PM #5
are we any further to fixing this? bit lost
http://support.asus.com/download/dow...age=en-us&os=8

according to that its not compatable with windows 7 64 bit

17-Jul-2010, 07:01 PM #6
Sorry, where are you lost?
Also I'm not sure what that link is. The model it says in that link says C90P, I have C90S.
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2010, 04:17 AM #7
just re checked the link does say c90s , was yours think its becuase you have th go "through" the site to get to exact model but yours is there and all drivers and numerous bios updates and camera drivers
but no windows 7 , maybe mobo can handle 64 but camera is 32, bit lost as you did not reply to any device manager questions??
http://support.asus.com/download/dow...age=en-us&os=8
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2010, 04:18 AM #8
just re checked that new link was c90s now back to c90p ?? just type in C90s then select "all" and it comes up
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
asus, drivers, notebook, velocity micro, webcam

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!