Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Java is just..Failing completely.

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

06-Aug-2010, 02:04 PM #1
Java is just..Failing completely.
Alright,Im sorry if this is on here already, but im sick of searching for answers. This has been going on for a while, but I never really paid any attention to it until I actually wanted to use Java. Nothing I do really fixes it. Javascript just refuses to work. If I try to update java, it says that the file is damaged/corrupted and to contact the author I cant uninstall it from the Add/Remove programs menu either. If I try it tells me that the .msi file cannot be found, and I cant find it anywhere. There are Java files scattered all over my computer, mostly for programs that use it I think.Before I started trying to fix it, If I went to a page running java while the add-on was enabled in firefox, it would just..close, with no error message. If I did it in internet explorer, It just freezes and I get an error message that I stupidly failed to copy. Now, nothing really happens and it tells me to just update it. But I cant, because it gives me the error message saying its already installed and asks if I want to reinstall it, and then it cant find the file. And I cant uninstall anything that uses java either, it says that Java cannot be found if I try. (Ex-No JVM could be found on your system.Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 32-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from www.java.com) Im running Windows Xp Media Center Edition, Service Pack 2, And dont tell me to go to 3 because my computer stops working whenever I install it.Also, I have rebboted my computer 3 times because of the same problem,Virus scan stops working, text on the menu search dissapears, flash and java stop working, and the computer goes slow. java is the only thing that cant fix, and the rest of the problems show up after a while.Blech..I did a terrible job of explaining that, but i want to throw my computer out a window.Help?
Computer Specs
Member with 2,352 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Aug-2010, 03:02 PM #2
try one of these programs. and make sure you uninstall it from the firefox add on

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/sy...nstallers.html

06-Aug-2010, 07:14 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson44512 View Post
try one of these programs. and make sure you uninstall it from the firefox add on

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/sy...nstallers.html
That sorta worked...It completely took Java out, but when i try to install it it does the thing saying its already installed and asks if I want to replace it, but then it tells me that action is only valid for currently installed items.Is something wrong with my setup wizard/installer?
Computer Specs
Member with 2,352 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Aug-2010, 11:23 PM #4
after using the program did you make sure you uninstalled it from firefox? and then rebooted?

07-Aug-2010, 02:21 PM #5
Yes..I did another search and there are java folders scattered everywhere, but none of them have anything .exe in them, and java is gone from the uninstall menus and the registry.I dont want to delete any of the folders because it might mess up whatever program its for. The program i tried to uninstall and it wouldnt let me because java wasnt there, it wouldnt let me run it either, but i went to the website and installed it, and now i can run it but it doesnt work.It installed JRE when it installed.

08-Aug-2010, 05:52 PM #6
Ok i went through the registry editor and deleted everything that said java..and it let me install it. but now i just get a black screen on java apps. Im pretty sure i have everything enabled, but I dont want to try to reinstall it unless I have to because it might mess up again.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
failing, files not found, java, reboot, uninstall

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!