Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My BUILT-IN webcam can't be detected?

(!)

Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
06-Aug-2010, 11:33 PM #1
My BUILT-IN webcam can't be detected?
I just got my computer back from the shop to fix a few problems [which they didn't], and now I found a problem I never had before: my Yahoo! Messenger cannot detect my built in webcam. I'm not sure how this happened, it's worked like a charm for years now, and now I can't use it. I was told to go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager -> Imaging Devices, but my camera never showed up, the only program that shows up is WSD Scan Device. I tried to do the "set up voice and video" in Yahoo, but it only detected my microphone and speakers, not my camera. I think my software is called Cyberlink YouCam, but I can't even do anything with it now because my camera cannot be detected.

I'm using a 64-bit Windows Vista, HP Pavilion dv5. someone help please? I don't understand how something can't be detected when it's built in to the computer
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 2,664 posts.

Experience: The Matrix
07-Aug-2010, 02:52 AM #2
it would not be detected if its dead or faulty or has been disconnected by the computer shop.
in device manager start type device manager enter are there any yellow ? marks or red Xs yes track driver down, no go to top tab scan for hidden devices see if that flags it up
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is online now flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 57,337 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Aug-2010, 07:50 AM #3
What's the exact model number of that HP Pavilion dv5 laptop?

If you don't know for sure, advise what the product/part number on the sticker is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!