Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Can someone watch you through webcam??

(!)

Junior Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Beginner
14-Aug-2010, 12:10 AM #1
Unhappy Can someone watch you through webcam??
Yes i am being paranoid right now :P
okk so here is the thingggggg
okk so i got a new laptop with built in webcam. today, my formspring password was changed O___O idkk how.....its either someone hacked it OR i typed in the wrong password, im like 90% sure it was accurate.Im scared, because i use someone elses linkysys, idkk whos! my router broke, so i have been using someone elses lately. i heard people can watch ur webcam if ur using a local network. Well, i checked my computer with spybot,malwarebytes, and AVG free. they all say no viruses/trojans/malware....should i be worried.....

Last edited by Thuyan; 14-Aug-2010 at 03:27 AM..
Computer Specs
Member with 30 posts.

Experience: Advanced
14-Aug-2010, 01:21 AM #2
When you've encountered that your Formspring password was wrong, did you tried it over just to make sure? Also, have you tried forgetting/resetting your password?

As for the webcam, you were saying that you are using a public connection to surf the web, right? You observe your webcam, if it light's up, I mean the signal indicator, then it was being accessed.

14-Aug-2010, 01:47 AM #3
Hi, there! and my webcam doesnt have a light, its a built in webcam! its from acer, so it dont have a lightt :P
Computer Specs
Member with 30 posts.

14-Aug-2010, 02:59 AM #4
have you tried accessing your own webcam? funny thing is, my laptop was acer as well, and it indeed has a signal ligth - a small LED.

14-Aug-2010, 03:10 AM #5
lmfao (: thats cool D
and yes i can access my quickcam! :P
Member with 959 posts.

14-Aug-2010, 07:58 AM #6
If you're so worried, why not just disable the webcam? Or a low-tech solution: put a piece of tape over it.
Member with 5,633 posts.

15-Aug-2010, 05:15 PM #7
Assuming you have Adobe Flash Player installed, you can use the Settings Manager to ensure that your webcam cannot be accessed via Flash; http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager06.html

Take time to read all the explanatory notes because you can use the Settings Manager to see what various websites have already installed on your computer and control what happens in future.
bp936   (Judy) bp936 is offline bp936 has a Profile Picture
bp936 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 2,973 posts.

15-Aug-2010, 05:54 PM #8
I you are using some else's network or connections, they can also do the same to your computer. You really should refrain from accessing other people's router/
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!