Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Carbonite Problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 640 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Aug-2010, 03:21 AM #1
Carbonite Problem
I'm having an issue with Carbonite. My internet connection is about 6mb download and .45mb upload. When I first started using Carbonite, I had 200gb of stuff to back up. It took about 45 days. Just recently, I added about 10gb more photos to my computer and started backing up....but it is very slow. My regular internet connection doesn't seem slow - in fact, I had to upload one file to an ftp site the other day and it went about twice as fast as uploading a similar sized file to Carbonite. Something doesn't seem right. This 10gb backup (actual size backed up was probably 12gb due to more stuff added) took almost 2 weeks!

I updated to the new version in the middle of this backup, but it was slow before.

I contacted support and their chat rep took control and looked at my settings and tweaked my firewall and anti-virus, but that really didn't speed it up. I am not uploading anything else - only Carbonite, so my broadband usage is not being tied up. I am not streaming anything to slow my connection down.

How else can I speed this up? Backing up to Carbonite takes forever.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
25-Aug-2010, 03:54 AM #2
What upload speed are you getting?

Generally, the best way to speed things up is to upgrade to a faster connection. It is not very often that any connection reaches its maximum speeds.
Computer Specs
Member with 640 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Aug-2010, 12:15 PM #3
its about .45mb/sec upload. But the thing is, Carbonite used to be faster. It is slower now.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
carbonite

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!