Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Java applets only working in safe mode with networking

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
03-Sep-2010, 04:56 AM #1
Unhappy Solved: Java applets only working in safe mode with networking
Having an issue with Java 6 update 21. I have a Win Vista Basic 32 bit, I've went through the basic steps, use javara to remove older versions of java, disabled firewall, virus protection, scanned for malware, etc. But for some reason, websites that utilize java applets will only load and function proper in safe mode. One example is Pogo, the games play great in safe mode with networking, but not in normal mode. Browsers are the latest explorer and firefox. In safe mode both browsers work fine with the java applet loading quickly, normal mode no such luck. Thought a software conflict might be the issue, but I am using the same software that I used when I had java 6 updates 18/19/20. I even tried removing all traces of java, reg keys, etc, and reinstalling java 18/19/20, nothing worked in normal mode, they all worked in safe mode. Could a reg key be missing? Or need to be changed? All input appreciated, thanks!!!!
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,317 posts.

03-Sep-2010, 11:14 AM #2
There is no need to uninstall previous versions of Java before installing the new ones, anymore.

Try running both browsers without any Add-ons.

If no luck, try a Clean Boot procedure (2 pages). Do the same for Startup items and Services.

Last edited by Phantom010; 03-Sep-2010 at 11:31 AM..
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

03-Sep-2010, 04:57 PM #3
Thumbs up fixed
Thanks, found out that when I unchecked WMI and WMI Performance Adapter that JRE worked great in normal mode.
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,317 posts.

03-Sep-2010, 05:07 PM #4

The WMI service's Startup Type should be Automatic by default. As for WMI Performance Adapter, it should be Manual.

Last edited by Phantom010; 03-Sep-2010 at 05:15 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!