Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Slow flash player

(!)

Member with 24 posts.

Experience: Beginner
28-Sep-2010, 11:52 AM #1
Slow flash player
The picture on Adobe flash player is freezing, yet the audio still plays. It seems slow and jerky in general on youtube and other streaming sites. Ive reinstalled adobe flash player 10.1. Any ideas please?

Will
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 2,584 posts.

Experience: I win some, I lose some!
28-Sep-2010, 12:49 PM #2
What kind of a computer is it? Which operating system?
Member with 24 posts.

02-Oct-2010, 02:20 PM #3
Sorry for not getting back to you.

Sytem properties: Dell Vostro 200, Intel XPU 2140 @ 1.60GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

Windows XP version 2002 service pack 2.
Member with 24 posts.

02-Oct-2010, 04:42 PM #4
can anyone pick this up? i left it a few days so i dont know if zabusant is still around. id be greatful if anyone can help me. its not just flash player, my computer is slow in general for example when scrolling up and down on internet browsers and when typing in browsers..
Member with 3,896 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Oct-2010, 06:08 AM #5
slow
you need to update to SP3.
Computer Specs

04-Oct-2010, 07:08 AM #6
Hi willwoodward99,

I have a laptop that's close to your system in terms of CPU and RAM and that's pretty much to be expected when it comes to youtube. There's nothing you can do about it really...

However, since you seem to be indicating that things have gotten noticably worse lately, we can certainly take a look at ways to improve performance. First, as golferbob said, update to SP3 - and, I would suggest you get all the subsequent "high priority" updates as well.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Oct-2010, 06:23 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwoodward99 View Post
can anyone pick this up? i left it a few days so i dont know if zabusant is still around. id be greatful if anyone can help me. its not just flash player, my computer is slow in general for example when scrolling up and down on internet browsers and when typing in browsers..
Flash player works perfectly on my Intel atom based notebook PC which has around the same amount of RAM and processor speed. It seems that you need to tune you system or internet settings with some third party software like System Mechanic, Ashampoo WinOptimzer, TuneUp utilities, etc. or manually by referring other techniques in this forum or web. I am using System Mechanic 10, the latest offering from iolo technologies. I have noticed an improvement in internet speed and overall performance of my netbook after using it. You can download a 30 day trial from their official website or try luck at some offers like this. Or Google for a Windows optimization software, you will come across many of them.
Computer Specs

04-Oct-2010, 11:01 PM #8
I would strongly advise against the use of any type of "tune up" software. Registry cleaners cannot improve the performance of your PC, nor can they solve any problems that are actual problems, but they can cause problems, especially in the long run. If you really need to use them for some strange reason, I suggest you at least refrain from "cleaning" your registry and stick to defragmentation and stuff like that. But...it's your computer.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!