Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U22 unresponsive, makes browser crash

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 30 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Nov-2010, 04:39 PM #1
Solved: Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U22 unresponsive, makes browser crash
Hi! I've been having random crashes on my laptop for a couple of weeks now. First, I thought there is a problem with Google Chrome because that was the only program crashing. Then it started to happen with Firefox too. Today, just minutes ago, I got this error message: "The following plug-in is unresponsive: Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U22 Would you like to stop it?"

It is really annoying, and happens almost every time I turn on my laptop and go on the internet. Sometimes it makes my computer freeze, nothing's working, not even the Task Manager...so I have to hard reboot.

Is there any solution, what should I do?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,754 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Nov-2010, 12:11 AM #2
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Java?

I might try downloading and running JavaRa (freeware) to uninstall older versions of Java, file reminents, reg. entries. Then reinstalling the latest Jave update which is U22.

JavaRa can be downloaded here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/javara/

May not work for you but won't hurt to give it a try.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!