Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Cannot Disable MSI Afterburner on-screen graph

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
03-Feb-2011, 09:46 PM #1
Unhappy Cannot Disable MSI Afterburner on-screen graph
[EDIT]: DISREGARD THIS, ISSUE SOLVED IN NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL.

Hi there, I've been searching the web, forums and documentation (without success) of MSI's Afterburner application to try to figure out how to solve my issue.

The problem is that after first enabling the application's on-screen display function, I cannot disable a graph which appears to show GPU workload in fullscreen 3D applications (but does not show up in screenshots). The graph is partially transparent, and consists of two vertical parallel white lines, with SLI written to the right of them at the top, and extending up and down equally from the vertical midpoint of the screen a green bar, contained within these two lines, appearing to correlate in length with apparent gpu workload.

No hardware or software was changed at the time of the first appearance of this graph. In attempts to correct this issue, I have tried disabling Afterburner's on-screen display function (and the correlated process and windows service), uninstalling MSI Afterburner, performing a System Restore in windows (win 7 x64) to a point earlier in time than the first usage of the on-screen display function, restarting windows, and updating graphics card drivers (2x MSI nvidia gtx460 in SLI) all to no avail.

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer, as this is driving me nuts (the overlay is on top of every game I play, and is incredibly annoying) - all assistance will be much appreciated!

thanks again

Last edited by Bluce_Ree; 03-Feb-2011 at 09:56 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
afterburner, disable, graph, msi, overlay

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!