Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Android Phones and Tablets Android Phones and Tablets
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

Nexus S Problems

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 8 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Apr-2012, 07:41 PM #1
Nexus S Problems
My Nexus S (currently running the latest version of Ice Cream Sandwich) keeps inexplicably restarting. I've read other forums but none seem to offer me adequate explanation. Does anyone know why this might be happening and if there is a good logger app that might be able to tell me what keeps causing the restarts?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

18-Apr-2012, 09:32 PM #2
Have you done a factory reset?
Is it still under warranty? If so, did you take it back to the carrier?
Computer Specs
Member with 8 posts.

18-Apr-2012, 09:37 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
Have you done a factory reset?
Is it still under warranty? If so, did you take it back to the carrier?
Not in its 3-month warranty... and with this carrier, i didn't get much documentation so i am not even sure how long the manufacturer's warranty is. I was wondering if anyone else had the problem
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

18-Apr-2012, 09:58 PM #4
If you bought the phone from the carrier, it has a warranty. That information is in the paperwork you signed.

Lots of people have problems with Android phones restarting. The first thing you try is a factory reset. If the problem goes away before you install any apps, then it's fine. If it starts again after you install an app, don't install that app. If it happens again before you install anything or change anything, the phone is defective.
Computer Specs
Member with 8 posts.

18-Apr-2012, 10:01 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
If you bought the phone from the carrier, it has a warranty. That information is in the paperwork you signed.

Lots of people have problems with Android phones restarting. The first thing you try is a factory reset. If the problem goes away before you install any apps, then it's fine. If it starts again after you install an app, don't install that app. If it happens again before you install anything or change anything, the phone is defective.
thanks for the tips, i think it actually might be the game "Draw Something" or possible "Temple Run". It started the day after I downloaded those two apps.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
android, ice cream sandwich, nexus s, systerm errors

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!