Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Android Phones and Tablets Android Phones and Tablets
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

Solved: Yahoo Maill Android App

(!)

BallaterBoy BallaterBoy is offline BallaterBoy has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 187 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-May-2012, 11:31 AM #1
Solved: Yahoo Maill Android App
my e mail is a BT account which uses BT Yahoo Mail. ie **********@btinternet.com

This main one works fine on my PC No Probs.
. On my Android I have the Yahoo Mail equivalent which in large works fine and mirrors what i have on the PC.
However recently I am getting duplications in my Android mail Contacts. Cant see how to fix this as there are no duplication on my main Yahoo mail There doesn't seem a way into the Contacts list from the smartphone app and it gets those by seemingly
picking them up off the main accounts

Tried Help with Yahoo Chat but they said call BT as my e mail address is not a Yahoo address. BT wont help as it isnt a BT Mobile phone!!! Back to Yahoo with e mail this time who wrote back with this

"Our records indicate that your "*********@btinternet.com" ID is linked to an account managed by AT&T. Due to contractual agreements, we are not able to assist you directly with your request and ask that you contact AT&T Customer Support for further assistance.
Never heard of AT&T and haven't a clue what they have to do with my BT Account.

Tried AT&T but the contact number is in the USA and the route through e mail stops when they ask me for my zip code. It then doesn't recognise my GB Postcode.!!

All I want to know is how do I remove and adjust my contacts in my Smartphone App when they don't match the ones in my E Mail Account?
Computer Specs
Member with 82 posts.

07-May-2012, 05:24 PM #2
It sounds like you might have your yahoo account syncing with your phone twice. If you open your contacts app > settings > SNS accounts, you should see a list of all accounts that are syncing with your contacts app. If your yahoo account shows up twice, remove one of them.
BallaterBoy BallaterBoy is offline BallaterBoy has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 187 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-May-2012, 02:33 AM #3
Answer
Thanks. Beat you to it!! Exactly right Went into my phone contacts and found that some of the e mail addresses were listed as much as 3 times, removed them and un-ticked the automatic sync. Seems to have fixed the problem

Thanks anyway
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!