Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Android Phones and Tablets Android Phones and Tablets
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

Solved: Droid Razr Maxx update lost my e-mail account!

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1,015 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jul-2012, 12:29 PM #1
Unhappy Solved: Droid Razr Maxx update lost my e-mail account!
My Comcast e-mail no longer will load into my Droid, following the huge update yesterday. When I attempt to redo the settings and click "done", it tells me: This server is not trusted since appropriate certificate is not installed on the phone. Do you want to ignore security exceptions for this server? When I click OK, it just repeats the message endlessly. When I click CANCEL, it ends my reset and kicks out. How do I get the "appropriate certificate" installed on the phone? Do I go through Comcast? Or Verizon? Help!
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

16-Jul-2012, 12:52 PM #2
What "huge update"? Ice Cream Sandwich? Using what e-mail client? What settings are you referring to?
Computer Specs
Member with 1,015 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jul-2012, 01:08 PM #3
I haven't explored the update, but it changed my opening screen to a keyhole that I touch to bring up four choices. No more swipe across to unlock. Is that ICS? I have no idea. In the meantime, my Comcast e-mail messages just popped up in my inbox, so that problem is solved. I have no idea what caused the problem, or what cured it. At least it's gone!
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

16-Jul-2012, 01:14 PM #4
The lock screen changes with Ice Cream Sandwich. If you're using the phone's native e-mail client, then that probably needed to be restarted, reset, reconfigured, etc. since it was updated.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!