Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Android Phones and Tablets Android Phones and Tablets
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

Solved: Iview 900tpc Tablet with Android 4.0.4

(!)

Rate Thread
Account Disabled with 141 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Sep-2012, 07:20 AM #1
Solved: Iview 900tpc Tablet with Android 4.0.4
I've had this piece of garbage for about 2 weeks now. I've had nothing but problems with it. Every time I start it, I get numerous messages that something or other is not responding.

Settings is not responding
Exchange Services is not responding
Email is not responding
Browser is not responding
There is one that ends with a UI that when you tell it to shut down, closes the "Desk Top" for lack of a better description, and restarts it.
There isn't an app on this thing that hasn't come up with a "is not responding" at one time or another when I start this thing up

The one thing that has worked very well so far is YouTube. I can watch some movies on YouTube and it always connects to my network with no problems.

I can't get anything to download. Apps are disappearing. I can't get it to use the storage on the SD Card (It is mounted). It shows the card but I can't get anything to download to it.

I attempted to download the Netflix app to it so I could watch movies on it. I left it downloading for 2 days and finally shut it down. A few days later I found the app saved and installed it. Every time I tried to run it I got the message "Netflix Has Stopped Responding. Wait or shut down." I clicked wait and let it go for 10 hours. I finally clicked close.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop all this from happening, short of a very heavy hammer. I've tried to contact Iview but they don't respond to email and there is absolutely no support on their web site for this tablet. I realize that this is a new version of Android but you'd think there would be support for it somewhere.

As you can tell, I'm extremely frustrated with this tablet. I didn't realize that Android was actually Google or I would never have bought this thing. I would have put the $200 towards one of the new Microsoft tablets. At least then I would have had a better understanding of the operating system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Rob
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

21-Sep-2012, 08:16 AM #2
It's a garbage no-name tablet. You can get the Kindle Fire or Google Nexus for $200, and they'll both work great.

21-Sep-2012, 11:59 AM #3
You're right DoubleHelix,

It's going back to the store. I've had enough. You're being too kind. As I said in an email to Iview. It is an absolute piece of S*#@. I'm going to wait for the Microlimp tablet. lol

I want nothing more to do with anything Google. I don't trust Google with any information anyway.

I do thank you for your insight though.

Rob

21-Sep-2012, 12:01 PM #4
I also found a review online this morning. It is partitioned to only use 1G of space and that's loaded down with preinstalled apps leaving no room to download anything.

The only way to resolve this problem is to take it back to the store. I still can't believe it. $200 for a piece of crap........ How could I have been so stupid. lol

Last edited by White Wolf 00; 21-Sep-2012 at 12:07 PM..
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

21-Sep-2012, 12:33 PM #5
There's nothing wrong with Android tablets. Just get one that actually works. If by "Microlimp" you mean Microsoft, they haven't even created a prototype yet, so you'll be waiting a long time. The iPad, Nexus, Galaxy, Kindle Fire, etc. are all great units.

22-Sep-2012, 11:11 AM #6
The Surface from Microsoft is supposed to be available October 26th

22-Sep-2012, 11:14 AM #7
I figured out how to deal with this Iview piece of doo doo. As DoubleHelix said. I'm taking it back to the store for a full refund. I've never seen anything this bad in my life and have never seen a company with less support of an item. Iview US are scam artists of the worst kind.

13-Oct-2012, 02:11 PM #8
Just an update. 7 computer stores in my area have sent all of these junk tablets back and have given full refund to their customers. They agree. Iview is a junk tablet.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!