Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Apple iPods, iPads, and iPhones Apple iPods, iPads, and iPhones
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

ipod shuffle not recognized

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
29-Jan-2012, 08:42 PM #1
ipod shuffle not recognized
I have windows xp; my ipod shows up in itunes under device but I can't sync songs I purchase just from a cd. When I run the diagnostic test it indicates IPod not found, also ITunes not running in safe mode? No external plug-ins installed. ( I have no idea what this all means) I am a novice, please help...I've already tried uninstalling itunes and the other programs I was told to do and reinstalled everything and it does not work. copying from cd works stiTech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1014 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, 96 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76285 MB, Free - 31683 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0WF887
Antivirus: GFI Software VIPRE, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabledll it does not recognize by ipod.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

29-Jan-2012, 08:51 PM #2
Open iTunes. Connect the iPod. Click Help -> Run Diagnostics.
Computer Specs

30-Jan-2012, 07:19 PM #3
did all that and nothing happened...I also have another ipod (different model) and diagnostic test indicates no I pod found...thinking it must be my usb connecter but I tried all 3 that I have and still nothing

30-Jan-2012, 10:28 PM #4
The diagnostics runs several tests. Are you saying nothing at all happened when you connected the iPod and ran the diagnostics? Nothing at all? No messages? No errors? Nothing?
Computer Specs

01-Feb-2012, 11:33 AM #5
when I ran the diagnostic test, everything was ok until the end it had "no ipod found" and yes I went to help....now what? I went to the apple store they told me to uninstall Itunes in a certain order (along with other programs that it supports) and I restarted my computer installed everything back and nothing
different happened meaning I'm at square one.....?

01-Feb-2012, 12:02 PM #6
Has it ever worked? Did you buy it new recently? When you went to the Apple store, did they connect it to a computer there and verify it works?

And you're saying it does show up under Devices on the left side? What happens when you click on it? What shows up on the Summary screen?
Computer Specs

02-Feb-2012, 11:23 AM #7
my ipod is not new,it's about 5yrs old, when I'm in itunes my devise shows up however when I click on the picture of the ipod, nothing happens..I can't get to the summary. If I am in my music I have to click in settings to get my information on my Ipod...everything seems to be ok....I can download songs from a
cd and the songs I have downloaded in the past are ok, can change them from within the list of my music...what I cannot do is sync new songs which I have recently purchased. When I take the diagnostic test everythng seems to be ok...sync test ok, etc. when I come to the last test....it indicates Ipod not found....when I went to the apple store it worked...that's when they told me to uninstall Itunes and the other programs that support it..in a certain order and then reinstalled which I did. However the only problem remains I can't sync songs purchased that appear on my music list...

Last edited by gigiandjojo; 02-Feb-2012 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: misspelled words
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!