Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

Syncing & viewing problems on iPad2

(!)

cuttlefish cuttlefish is offline cuttlefish has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 748 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Feb-2012, 10:00 PM #1
Red face Syncing & viewing problems on iPad2
First problem is that in spite of the fact that I have ticked the option for iTunes to start up as soon as it detects an iPhone or iPad connected, it never does! I always have to crank up iTunes from the start menu. What causes this?

Second query is how come I can not see all the iPad photos using My Computer on Windows 7? All I can get up are the Camera roll pics and they are all scattered over five or six folder names like FMXDR1 or something like that...........

They are all standard .jpg files so intrigued why I can't view them via the PC!

I can do this on Itunes but as I consider it to be the crapiest piece of software I have ever used I would prefer using Computer on the PC.

Last but not least is that even though my Ipad2 is not even connected to the PC, iTunes still shows it on the menu and has the little searching icon going round and round forever and a day trying to find it? Same with the iPhone4, not connected but iTunes still looks for it all the time!!

Thanks folks

Last edited by cuttlefish; 03-Feb-2012 at 10:03 PM.. Reason: typo
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

03-Feb-2012, 10:43 PM #2
Check your devices to see if you enabled wifi syncing.

As far as I know, files on Apple devices can't be viewed through the regular Windows Explorer interface. You have to go through iTunes.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!