Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Apple iPods, iPads, and iPhones Apple iPods, iPads, and iPhones
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

Ipad 3 what memory size

(!)

Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,154 posts.

11-Mar-2012, 02:49 PM #1
Ipad 3 what memory size
With the new Ipad 3 release and HD performance + 5 MB camera what memory size would you get, on the ipad 2 a lot of discussion amongst my friends has been you don't need the 64Gb

thoughts on what memory size you would buy and why and what you would store on the device, since most can be streamed anyway

the pricepoint of 399 or the extra 80 for 32 and another 80 for 64
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

11-Mar-2012, 05:44 PM #2
It depends on what for and how you intend to use the iPad. If you've never taken pictures with a 10" digital camera, you might want to go to an Apple store and try it to get a feel for what it's like. It's not likely going to be your primary camera. If you do take pictures with it, will you permanently store them on the iPad? Or will you move them to your computer or photo sharing sites? Apps and content downloaded from iTunes are more likely to consume space than pictures.

In my opinion, very few people need more than 16GB, and the additional space probably isn't worth the cost.
Computer Specs

19-Mar-2012, 03:49 PM #3
how easy is it to move content off the ipad onto a Network Drive ?

19-Mar-2012, 03:56 PM #4
Everything is done through iTunes. I've never created content on my iPad, so I have no idea. I assume it would be the same as the iPhone.
Computer Specs

19-Mar-2012, 04:08 PM #5
Thanks

if you dont create content how do you use - everything streaming ?

i'm assuming subscribing to newspapers / magazines these are downloaded onto the ipad also music and any podcast

If via itunes then i can make up playlists and sync with itunes and change the playlist depending on where i may be going and for how long -

mmmmmm

19-Mar-2012, 04:13 PM #6
The iPad is primarily a content consumption device. I use various apps to read web content, and I load some content from my iTunes library and delete it when I don't want it on there any longer.

If you intend to store a large iTunes library and a lot of pictures on your iPad, then get one with sufficient storage for your needs.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!