Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Apple iPods, iPads, and iPhones Apple iPods, iPads, and iPhones
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

Cell phones and/or IPhones

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 610 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Apr-2012, 12:54 PM #1
Cell phones and/or IPhones
Can someone tell me what are the actual costs of a iphone contract? Its confusing to me with various prices that I see. Such and such a price for the phone itself. Data pack? What is Data pack? From what I understand it could run into over a hundred a month, or more. If so, why would anyone want to spend that type of money just for a phone, when most complained the cost of landline phones were high...which in retrospect, they are a bargain as compared to Iphones. Is it because the games, and gps that they include in them? What if one doesn't care about GPS and definitely not games? Is it because of its portability? Not being far from family nor friends? I just don't understand this phenomenon of IPhones.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,209 posts.

20-Apr-2012, 01:16 PM #2
the data pack is so you can go online and also receive emails etc
the contracts will all vary depending on how much data you want to use each month, free calls, texts etc and if you pay towards the phone itself

not in US - so cant comment on the plans

move to the iphone forum
Computer Specs
Member with 3,280 posts.

20-Apr-2012, 01:22 PM #3
Some of us use our phones for business/work.

Data service in indispensable.
Computer Specs
Member with 610 posts.

20-Apr-2012, 04:16 PM #4
Well, for business/work its understandable...but unfortunately, i feel that most use it as a toy.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

21-Apr-2012, 12:09 PM #5
If you don't know what you'd use a smartphone for, then you don't need one. I don't know what your thought-process is that leads you to the conclusion no one else in the world needs one either.
Computer Specs
Member with 610 posts.

21-Apr-2012, 12:47 PM #6
Well, i thought the idea behind a cell phone or iphone was meant mainly for connections with family, friends and some business....not GPS, emails, movies, games and the ilk..naturally with the latter thrown in, makes the phone companies very happy and the group of people who enjoy that part, which I refer to as a toy...It can go well over 100-to 200 dollars a month more...and yet cable offers in a sense more, and they complain that the prices are too high for cable. Go figure
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

21-Apr-2012, 12:49 PM #7
You have an opinion. Don't purport it to be fact.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!