Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

AmericanButch

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
07-Jul-2012, 11:05 PM #1
Thumbs down AmericanButch
I have a MacMini OS Lion 10.7.4. My ISP is Verizon, who supplies an ActionTech router. I have a TV with a Roku that is about 40 ft. away from the router. The Actiontech router couldn't send a wifi signal that far. I was using a Netgear router on my former PC that worked fine with the Roku even at that distance. A verizon Tech suggested to use the Netgear router in series with the Actiontech router to see if that worked, which it did. A few days later, we had a power surge that caused me to replace the Actiontech Router, and verizon sent me a new one. I set up the new router the same way, with the Netgear router in series. The Actiontech router is working, supplying me with internet but I can't get a wifi signal from the Netgear router. I have a Kindle and tried to get a signal a few feet from the net gear router but can't. The lights on the net gear router are on, but no signal. Any ideas?
Computer Specs
Member with 156 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Jul-2012, 08:45 AM #2
Install inSSIDer - http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/
Are you able to hook up to your router? (via ethernet cable)
if so, conect the ethernet cable to your computer, wait for the ip configuration to complete and log in to the router using an internet browser. It may be a variety of addresses. Most common addresses used are 192.168.1.1, 198.168.2.1, 198.168.0.1 You can try typing any of these addresses into your address bar of your browser. Once asked for a password, enter your username and password if you set it up. If it has never been setup, enter "admin" for the password and leave username blank. This should authenicate you to gain access to the router's web utility.

While connected, you should be able to verify settings.. If you do not know what all this mean.. Simply take a screen shot of all the pages and I will analyze them to see if there is anything wrong...

Reference - http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Mac-OS-X

Last edited by tjronek1; 15-Jul-2012 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: inorrect link
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!