Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Apple Mac Apple Mac
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Everything keeps closing!

(!)

Computer Specs
Senior Member with 708 posts.

Experience: Good At What I Know
05-Sep-2006, 01:09 PM #1
Everything keeps closing!
Hi,

Just turned my computer on and found that skype closed (usual error message). So, naturally, I tried again. Still didn't work. So I downloaded another copy of the latest BETA version and it STILL didn't work.

Some time later I happened to open System Preferences and that closed as well. AND some other programs.

I'm running Mac OS 10.4.7 Tiger. Please help!

Thanks,
Ted
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 708 posts.

Experience: Good At What I Know
07-Sep-2006, 11:41 AM #2
Pleae help! Its so annoying!!!!
Senior Member with 1,064 posts.

Experience: Mac user for over 20 years
07-Sep-2006, 12:04 PM #3
Was your house built upon Indian burial grounds? Have you noticed any objects flying across the room under their own power? Are there any inexplicable "cold spots" in your domicile? Have you asked the question over at Apple's discussion board?

Yeah, um, never heard of such a thing. It sounds like the kind of practical jokes that those of us who were around in the Mac OS 7, 8, 9 days would have pulled via hidden scripts (the most common of which being an AppleScript in the Startup Items folder that told the computer to shut down), but I don't know how/if such a thing would be possible in Mac OS X. I guess I hang around with more mature people these days, so I've learned no such "tricks".
Junior Member with 26 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
07-Sep-2006, 12:44 PM #4
Ha! That's a new for me too. I've had a little trouble like this with the CS2 suite on my Core Duo iMac (but supposedly the software isn't compatible anyway, but it works after a little tweaking). Either way, the same thing happened--the apps would just quit unexpectantly. Do you have Adobe Version Cue installed? What's the Mac's configuration?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!