Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Apple Mac Apple Mac
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

canoscan n67ou

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

08-Jun-2008, 03:54 AM #1
Red face canoscan n67ou
08 June 2008

Hi,

I am experiencing some difficulties with my canoscan n67ou which were not problematic a few weeks ago.

It seems that everytime I wish to scan someting under MAC OS 10.3.9 with a G4 Mac I am continuously prompted to raise the memory. No matter what I do even after raising the memory the same message appears. I have deinstalled and reinstalled the software both on systems OS 9 and Os 10. OS 9 seems to work OK at times but OS 10 keeps giving me the same prompt to raise the memory.

I have run out of ideas of how to solve this problem and it is quite annoying because when I want to scan something quickly now I am being be forced to use operating system 9 in order to get a scan which is not the end of the world but I really donīt understand why the scanner which has worked fine in the past with operating system 10.3.9 now has become stubborn and refuses to scan anymore.

I have changed nothing on my computer and from one day to the next a problem like this arises. Is there anybody out there who could offer any help concerning this particular problem?

I would be very appreciative if someone could direct me to a succesful solution.

I look forward to hearing from you

Mick
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 177 posts.

Experience: Advanced (Mac OS 10.6)
08-Jun-2008, 07:40 AM #2
Do you mean it tells you to install more RAM?

Are you using the latest drivers? http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0000475.asp
Computer Specs

08-Jun-2008, 11:48 AM #3
hi thanks for your quick reply
yes it is asking for more ram and when i give it more ram the message remains the same and it will not scan.

but i will try your suggestion and see if i am up to date with the software

mick
Computer Specs

08-Jun-2008, 12:48 PM #4
hi i tried out the link you sent me and everything seems to be in order now. thanks for your help i hope this is a long term solution and doesn't go "wacko" in a couple of weeks or months asking AGAIN FOR MORE RAM :-)

once again thanks a lot for your assistance
mick
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 177 posts.

Experience: Advanced (Mac OS 10.6)
08-Jun-2008, 03:30 PM #5
Glad it worked! Sometimes (as in my experience with Inkscape) just updating/reinstalling the software can solve a lot of issues.
Computer Specs

09-Jun-2008, 03:05 AM #6
hi
thanks again for the reply and the weblink for future reference

have a great day

mick
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
apple, canoscan n67ou, mac

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!