Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Apple Mac Apple Mac
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

New Monitor ~ really small menu bar

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 48 posts.

Experience: Enough to be dangerous!
10-Apr-2010, 12:00 AM #1
New Monitor ~ really small menu bar
I have posted this question on the Apple website forum but have not received any resolution to my problem other than the recommendation to return the new monitor and get another 20" like the one that just went out. Good grief! I'm hoping someone over here (real techs) will know the answer to my question.

I just purchased a new flat screen LCD monitor for my Mac Mini. My new monitor is 24" compared to my old 20" Dell monitor. The information I received with the monitor states that the optimum resolution should be set at 1920 x 1080 at 60 mh. I have set the resolution to this recommended resolution.

I know how to make the font size larger/smaller within a web page (control + or -) but I can't figure out how to make the tab/menu area at the top of the screen larger on both Safari and Fire Fox. How can I make the tab size larger so I can actually see them?

More info:

I am wanting to make the tabs and area at the top of the screen (Safari ~ File ~ Edit ~ View ~ History ~ Bookmarks ~ Window ~ Help), including the clock, larger. They are really small on my new monitor. I can change the size of the dock at the bottom of the screen and would love to be able to change the size at the top of the screen as well.

Thanks!

Gina
Member with 130 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Apr-2010, 12:49 PM #2
That's a tough one. The only thing I can think of is to play around with the resolution settings until you can see more easily.
Computer Specs
Gone but never forgotten with 9,807 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Apr-2010, 10:52 PM #3
Right click on a blank part of that bar and make sure Use large icons is selected,other than that I don't think you can change it ...
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
mac mini, menu bar, monitor, tabs

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!