Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Apple Mac Apple Mac
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Bootcamp Windows Installation

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Jan-2011, 01:17 PM #1
Question Bootcamp Windows Installation
I am in the process of installing Windows XP Home Edition. Well actually I have already installed it on my MAC OS. I printed and followed the bootcamp guide to a "T"> I a at the point where the guide says to insert the MAC installation disk to do something with the bootcamp drivers. However, I can't get the Windows disk to eject. Could it be that the Windows is not reading my MAC keyboard when I hit the eject button? I have tried to restart the computer but Windows is the opening screen. I know I did the partitioning correctly if the guide is correct. All my business is located in the MAC partition. HELP!!!
Please advise me as to what to do!!!
Thanks so much!
Member with 2,245 posts.

Experience: Advanced
24-Jan-2011, 03:02 PM #2
So in windows if you open My Computer and right-click on DVD icon and select Eject from pop-up menu it doesn't eject?

You can also hold down the left mouse button when you reboot the Mac and that will also eject and DVDs/CDs.
Member with 101 posts.

02-Feb-2011, 10:47 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekg View Post
I am in the process of installing Windows XP Home Edition. Well actually I have already installed it on my MAC OS. I printed and followed the bootcamp guide to a "T"> I a at the point where the guide says to insert the MAC installation disk to do something with the bootcamp drivers. However, I can't get the Windows disk to eject. Could it be that the Windows is not reading my MAC keyboard when I hit the eject button? I have tried to restart the computer but Windows is the opening screen. I know I did the partitioning correctly if the guide is correct. All my business is located in the MAC partition. HELP!!!
Please advise me as to what to do!!!
Thanks so much!
Try holding down the option key at the boot time. and try to select the mac partition to boot

247techie
Member with 101 posts.

02-Feb-2011, 10:59 AM #4
If that doesn't work check out this link
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bootcamp, installation, windows xp home edition

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!