Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Archive: Windows 95/98/Me Archive: Windows 95/98/Me
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

{SOLVED}Outlook Express - Transferring from Mac to Win98

(!)

Junior Member with 17 posts.

25-Jan-2001, 12:43 PM #1
I'm switching over from my Mac to a PC running Win 98. The problem is that I can't find a way to get my saved email (4 years worth) from the Mac to the PC. Outlook Express on the Mac doesn't have the Export function that the PC version has. Does anybody have any ideas?
Member with 51,021 posts.

27-Jan-2001, 02:15 PM #2
See OE Exporter (note, I found this on the Internet and don't know who created it or how it works, so I would be careful with this one).

Also, see How to Move Internet Mail from Outlook Express to an Exchange Server-Based Computer. What you do is put the messages back on your server and then download them in Windows. This seems more complicated than the above solution, but it is from MS, so its reliable.

Here is a link to Third Party Conversion Solutions. There may be a converter there that you prefer and these, again, are linked through MS tech support site.

By the way, let us know what solution you used so we can pass it on to others.

[This message has been edited by Mulder (edited 01-27-2001).]
Junior Member with 17 posts.

28-Jan-2001, 12:32 AM #3
The OE Exporter AppleScript worked perfectly. Be sure to read the directions. It was necessary to tranfer all of the messages between computers using FTP in order to convert Mac end of lines (CR) to PC (LF & CR). The messages maintained all information including time and date sent as well as attachments. Thank you SO much for finding that. It took me about an hour and a half to get everthing moved over (mainly fumbling around with the DOS ftp client).

Thanks again!!!
Member with 51,021 posts.

28-Jan-2001, 01:04 AM #4
Glad to hear it worked for you.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!