Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

macro to sharpen all images in word

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

01-Aug-2011, 05:01 PM #1
macro to sharpen all images in word
Hi, I have a 500+ page document with a lot of images. I need to convert all of these to grayscale and to increase sharpness by 40%. Both of these tasks can be done by right clicking each image and choosing 'format picture'. However because there are so many images I wish to use a macro. I am using word 2010.

I am able to convert all images to grayscale. However I am not able to sharpen them since I do not know the required command/keyword. The macro recorder does not record anything you do int the 'format picture' dialog box so it is of no help. Do any of you know the command?

Here is my working code so far that converts all images to grayscale.

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
'
'
Dim Pic As InlineShape
For Each Pic In ActiveDocument.InlineShapes
Pic.PictureFormat.ColorType = msoPictureGrayscale
Next
End Sub

Thanks for any help you can give.

Gary
Computer Specs
Member with 21,189 posts.

Experience: Disenfranchised American
01-Aug-2011, 05:09 PM #2
Most imaging apps can do this as a batch process. I am sure Gimp does something like this and is free.

01-Aug-2011, 05:11 PM #3
Rockn, the point is not to extract all the images, put them in an imaging app, and then bring them back to word. Microsoft word already does this.. right click on image > format picture ... you can go to 'sharpen and soften' and use the slider.

The point is to do all the images within the word document all at once rather than me doing each in turn... hence the need for a macro
Computer Specs
Member with 21,189 posts.

Experience: Disenfranchised American
01-Aug-2011, 05:22 PM #4
I was thinking prior to putting them into word. Unless you are not the author of the document of course.

02-Aug-2011, 02:09 AM #5
Rockn, I am the author of the document, and all the pictures are mine too. All images are already inserted into the document over the last 2 years. However removing and replacing images in a document that size causes formatting to get messed up and will be a big headache. Since no macro solution has been found I will just right click each of them and format the properties individually at this point.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
macro, picture, word

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!