Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Help Microsoft Works Words Procesor is freezing

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 51 posts.

Experience: What's a Computer?
29-Oct-2011, 07:12 PM #1
Help Microsoft Works Words Procesor is freezing
As the title says my Microsoft Works Word Processor keeps freezing, I am to cheap to buy Microsoft Word. It only happens when I try to copy and paste something from the Internet. I get the message "Microsoft Works Word Processor has stopped working..."

Like I said it only happens when I try to copy and paste something from the Internet. Up until now it really hasn't been a problem because I rarely used it, but I had to email myself a paper I have due on Monday, but was unable to attach it because I forgot my USB Drive and I was unable to save it for a second so I could attach it because I was on my colleges computer. So I copy and pasted the paper into the body of my email thinking I could just copy and paste it into Microsoft Works Word Processor when I got home, but I am unable to, I can copy and paste it into Notepad but it isn't formatted right and it ends up looking like a big long one line paragraph.

Please help, I don't really feel like retyping it just so I can finish it and edit it.
VictoriaiiCe VictoriaiiCe is offline VictoriaiiCe has a Profile Picture
VictoriaiiCe has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 684 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Oct-2011, 11:19 PM #2
Why MS Office crashes:
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

Steps to solving Office crashing:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

"If your computer is not starting normally, or if you receive errors when you start your computer that you cannot identify, you could consider performing a "clean boot." This operation starts the computer by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This can help you troubleshoot the problem."
Read following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 11,328 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Oct-2011, 09:39 AM #3
When you copy and paste from the internet, there are links that need to go back to the internet to get the data, such a a image. These will need to be accessed each time the file is opened.

Are you connected to the internet when you are opening this file?
Computer Specs
Member with 51 posts.

Experience: What's a Computer?
30-Oct-2011, 12:47 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
When you copy and paste from the internet, there are links that need to go back to the internet to get the data, such a a image. These will need to be accessed each time the file is opened.

Are you connected to the internet when you are opening this file?
Yes I am connected to the Internet the whole time, it is only when I go from Internet to Microsoft Works Word Processor that the program freezes up, I can go from the Word Processor to the Internet with no problem.

Luckily a little Googling gave me a way to paste it in, but it isn't as fast, and still doesn't help me with my the program freezes.

Computers must hate me.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!