Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Upgrade Quickbooks Pro 2007 to 2012?

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

29-Jan-2012, 11:41 AM #1
Question Upgrade Quickbooks Pro 2007 to 2012?
My accountant is insisting that I upgrade my QB Pro 2007 to QB Pro 2012. I have read horror stories about 2012, and it seems that my files will not transfer over to the new version? Is an earlier version like 2010 more problem free?

I am afraid to mess with what I have. I like 2007 and use only the most basic of features anyway; will the 'bloatware' in 2012 slow down my computer? Can I delete features I won't use in 2012 edition?

Finally, can I continue to use 2007 and be able to send an accountant's copy that they can read in their QB 2012?

I have Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2, 2.0 gigs, 32 bit operating system.
Member with 65 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Jan-2012, 06:58 PM #2
The recommendation from your accountant needs to be explained. If there is no justification then why upgrade? If in fact he is having issues syncing up to your files then that could be a valid point depending on what items are import to you. I know the file format is different for 2012 but I believe it asks to upgrade previously created QB databases one it tries to open them. But if a QB2012 user does that then those databases are going to be hosed for for you.

Your inquiry of "bloatware" is relative to your computer. The issue is more involved. Since you have a 32bit OS you are not able to upgrade your RAM more than 4gb. Vista is poor in many ways as an OS. You should look into getting Win7. I have run QB2010 on a WinXP machine with no issues.

Check these links out:

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com...icles/INF12783

http://quickbooks.intuit.com/product...kbooks/faq.jsp
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
delete quickbooks options, qb upgrade lost files, quickbooks 2012, quickbooks help, upgrading quickbooks 2007

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!