Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Image-free vcard link in Outlook 2010 signature

(!)

Member with 30 posts.

05-Apr-2012, 04:50 PM #1
Question Image-free vcard link in Outlook 2010 signature
Is this even possible anymore without editing the registry? I'm asking for someone running Win7 who doesn't like messing with things and wants only the attachment in his e-mail signature - not the image of the business card. Thanks for any words of advice you can offer.
Member with 30 posts.

10-Apr-2012, 12:06 AM #2
Bump!
Still need to resolve this issue. Troubleshooters, where are you?
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,559 posts.

10-Apr-2012, 06:59 PM #3
I will need to look into that on my side... i think there is an option to switch between the two
Member with 30 posts.

11-Apr-2012, 06:59 PM #4
I did my own research and thought I'd pick the forum brains after I came up with nothing other than the registry edit. Thank you so much for seeking out my post and for your efforts!
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.

12-Apr-2012, 12:06 AM #5
It looks like he can put it into the signature, but make sure the business card is not selected.

At least from Outlook 2007. Should be under the signature section
Member with 30 posts.

12-Apr-2012, 06:53 PM #6
I tried from Outlook 2007 at work and it was either the business card or nothing without a registry edit. I didn't see how to add the .vcf link without including the actual card. Judging from my research, 2010 doesn't seem to have the option, either. If you can figure out how to do it, I know many other people would be grateful.

12-Apr-2012, 08:15 PM #7
Are you able to do a screenshot of an email and his stationary settings?
Member with 30 posts.

12-Apr-2012, 08:23 PM #8
I don't know how to do a screen shot but I know I've seen directions on here. Do you mean his e-mail composing screen and then the signatures screen? In any case, I won't have access to his computer until Tuesday.

13-Apr-2012, 12:40 AM #9
to do a screen shot, make sure you are on the screen (active) then press ALT+Print Screen. Then go to either word or mspaint and paste it there.

When I said 'an email' I meant if you were composing an email so I see how the signature is. For the signature screen, same thing, do the alt+prnscrn and paste here... its got to be in Outlook

I don't think I have outlook 2010 starter but I should be able to download from MS.
Attached Thumbnails
Image-free vcard link in Outlook 2010 signature-tsg.jpg  

Last edited by Couriant; 13-Apr-2012 at 12:50 AM.. Reason: adding image
Member with 30 posts.

13-Apr-2012, 11:23 AM #10
Thanks so much for keeping up with this. Have a great weekend. I should be able to get back to you on Tuesday with screen shots.
Member with 30 posts.

17-Apr-2012, 12:58 PM #11
Screen shots
Okay, here are the screen shots. I've included his 2010 and also 2007 (which is similar and I have more time to work with). I will have more access on Thursday for further screen shots, if necessary.

I've tried using the "business card" link in the signature screen, which includes the actual card and is what started this whole challenge. I've tried "send" and e-mailing the business card which does result in a .vcf file, but only as an attachment to the e-mail. I've tried saving the .vcf file in My Documents and then adding that to the signature, which didn't work. I've tried copying the link and putting it in the signature, which also didn't work. I may have tried other things but I can't remember anymore.

I am hoping you can help me figure out the puzzle. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Image-free vcard link in Outlook 2010 signature-outlook-2010.png  
Attached Files
File Type: docx screen shots 2010(2).docx (147.9 KB, 95 views)
File Type: docx screen shots 2010(3).docx (146.2 KB, 80 views)
File Type: docx screen shots 2007.docx (112.7 KB, 66 views)
File Type: docx screen shots 2007(3).docx (146.2 KB, 65 views)

18-Apr-2012, 10:24 PM #12
You can actually copy/paste the image into the signature line. If the image is a file, simply insert it into Word (Insert Image option), then highlight it and then do CTRL+C. Go into the signature creation and CTRL+V there.
Member with 30 posts.

19-Apr-2012, 12:21 PM #13
Okay, now I'm confused. I can add the image to the signature, no problem. All he wants is to add just the small link to the .vcf file underneath his name so that the recipients can click it and add him to their contacts. That is what I can't seem to do. Even pasting the link to Word and back didn't help.

19-Apr-2012, 05:19 PM #14
mailto:email@email.com doesn't work?
Member with 30 posts.

17-May-2012, 12:50 AM #15
Sorry it took me so long to get back on this thread when you've been so kind and responsive - I was sick and then had no access to his machine for a couple of weeks. I will be able to fuss with it for most of the day tomorrow, though. I hope you see this message in time.

He doesn't want just "mail to". He wants the little .vcf card icon in his signature which will open up into the e-mail recipient's Outlook contacts when they click on it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
no image, outlook 2010, signature, vcard

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!