Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

QuickBooks Network Over the Net

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

19-Apr-2012, 06:29 PM #1
QuickBooks Network Over the Net
Need to Access QuickBooks Data Files simultaneously (MultiUser Mode) from multiple Locations; (eg Outside of the LAN, from Outside of the Office.).

Briefly: Have a very common small business QB 3 user lic setup. (Drobo FS as file server - Win7 Pro PCs). One user is moving out of state, but staying with the company. So need simultaneous remote access to the file from a remote Win7 desktop; Not on the LAN & is located out of state.

Tried QB Online Ver. & it is no where near the program the desktop app QB Pro 2012 is & is Not a real solution.

Plus would like to keep the local LAN in tact & all files on site.

Have also tried remote access programs, which are in fact great for short term tasks. However, ridiculous when asked to perform as a user's all day desktop; not a desktop replacement by any stretch.

Simply need remote location PC to see the file just as if it were local, in the office; same performance & functionality.

(This is a very common small business need, & I can't believe Intuit hasn't made more aggressive moves to integrate & secure this function.)

So, VPN? The Intuit forums seem to reveal that a VNP is not really a solid option, as QB doesn't like to play well...? So hit & miss solution at best? I need a solid reliable, 24/7 working business solution.

I know someone has this figured out, ...but how do I find that guy?

Mahalo,

TC
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
drobo fs, networking, quickbooks help

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!