Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Outlook Message rejected for spam or virus content

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Jun-2012, 04:53 PM #1
Unhappy Outlook Message rejected for spam or virus content
Periodically messages sent via Outlook are not sent and the following message is received immediately in the inbox.
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 11:13 AM
To: Veronica Wrenn
Subject: Undeliverable: Schedule: Weekdays8AM

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject: FW: Settlement Schedule: Weekdays8AM - Control Group: 88724 - Active Accounts Only?: True
Sent: 6/25/2012 11:13 AM
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
Amanda Toms (axxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx.com) on 6/25/2012 11:13 AM
552 SfCg1j0030soDXo01 :: auth :: Message rejected for spam or virus content :: Please include this entire message when contacting support :: v=2.0 cv=FL+ZNpUs c=1 sm=1 p=Jq8hTdlsAAAA:8 a=G7iRe0L3QvmqATmtbcfMXQ==:17 a=Sp9MSsgQMsMA:10 a=toXJa_PFSgMA:10 a=R5UsAR7EAAAA:8 a=RquxSTqSmxxoPhjlhacA:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=xxUJwK0wT1UA:10 a=zxkNuZ2nwn4A:10 a=IU_JhFzgDd4A:10 a=yMhMjlubAAAA:8 a=SSmOFEACAAAA:8 a=gKO2Hq4RSVkA:10 a=UiCQ7L4-1S4A:10 a=hTZeC7Yk6K0A:10 a=6UIaq3Bcl8oA:10 a=MsuAm3E-T0l8DKRQb88A:9 a=G7iRe0L3QvmqATmtbcfMXQ==:117 :: 100.00

The error message has no header information and I cannot figure out where it is coming from. It shows up in a Report Tab rather than a Message Tab when viewed in Outlook. Resending the original message sometimes works the first time but not always but you can usually get it to go eventually. I can go weeks without seeing this and then it happens again ramdomly.

I have tried everything including turning off anti-virus, creating a new outlook profile and upgrading to Outlook 2010 but it continues to happen. I have also made sure that my domain is not white or black listed.

Right now we are using internet email provided by Go Daddy. It never happens when using the Web interface to the email. I am about to move to a new provider and go to Hosted Exchange but am afraid the problem will follow.

I have scoured the internet looking for an answer to this problem but have not had any luck. Any information about what might be causing this will be greatly appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 988 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152578 MB, Free - 117707 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0JJW8N
Antivirus: Symantec Endpoint Protection, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
Computer Specs
Member with 1,708 posts.

26-Jun-2012, 04:32 PM #2
Here is an extensive thread that seems to point to Go Daddy as the culprit for your problems.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/thread/136986d0-4ff3-44aa-a545-af3a775386fe

There were a few work arounds mentioned like the removing hyperlinks in the email and the signature.
Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
27-Jun-2012, 11:09 AM #3
I am dealing with the 552 error message.
552 TSlq1j00E1bgz0801 :: auth :: Message rejected for spam or virus content As far as I can tell it is with MS Outlook, not that I am any kind of computer tech. Upgraded Outlook and have called tech support 5-6 times they have no idea how to fix it. At least none of the solutions they have provided have fixed it. It is intermittent and does not seem to have a rhyme or reason for happening that I can see. Happened again this morning so another hour with tech support. Someone please help.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,708 posts.

27-Jun-2012, 12:22 PM #4
Filtergirl, Welcome to TSG, and by the way its not polite to hijack a thread. You should start your own or subscribe to this one and watch patiently. If you want to 'support' this thread list things you tried so people can offer something new. There are many knowledgeable people on TSG but no one has time to decipher your issue. State your issue, state what you've tried then see if someone offers anything.

Enought of my Rant

Blagno and filtergirl, Its hard to step and offer advice when you say "I've tried everything". That basically encompasses anything anyone could advise. At least blagno provides the version of Outlook and his email service provider.

I'll repeat what I said in my 1st post. This seems to be an ongoing issue with Go-Daddy and other external 'warehouse' type email providers. There are extensive postings out there. Google "Outlook 552 Message rejected " .

My take from reading through a few of these is its the these mass providers. They have started putting different spam filters on different servers try to comply with some regulation. Its like roulette if your email gets through depending on which server (of the multiples they have) you hit. Thats why it works sometimes.

Plain text with no links (including your signature) seemed to help.

Good luck.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
error 552, outlook

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!