Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Excel Vlookup and Counting Entries

(!)

Member with 41 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Jul-2012, 07:56 PM #1
Solved: Excel Vlookup and Counting Entries
I am using Excel 2007

I have a .csv file that can be dropped into Excel (see attached - "January Example for Email"). Look at column "F - Study Date Time". I need to auto populate that column of information, separated by total number of entries for a particular hour, into a second spreadsheet (see attached - "CT Exam Hourly Matrix").

Looking at "January Example for Email", column "F", the first entry is "1/1/2012 1:24". On that date, from the 1:00 - 2:00 hour (using 24 hr military time), there is one (1) entry to autopopulate into "CT Exam Hourly Matrix" B:3. The second entry in "January Example for Email", column "F" is "1/1/2012 10:43". So there is one (1) entry to autopopulate into "CT Exam Hourly Matrix" B:12.

Column/Row F:19 & 20 in "January Example for Email" has two (2) entries for that hour to be autopopulated into "CT Exam Hourly Matrix" C:18.

Therefore, the total number of entries for a specific hour will be tallied (sum) and transferred to the second spreadsheet in the appropriate column & row.

Is there a means to automate this process using only Excel or VBA or ??? I apologize for being completely Excel "challenged" and would be most grateful for your assistance. I have no idea what I am doing or how to do it. This is strictly a job related / personal need project to make my daily life sane again.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx CT Exam Hourly Matrix.xlsx (21.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: xlsx January Example for Email.xlsx (68.6 KB, 24 views)
Member with 455 posts.

01-Jul-2012, 08:11 PM #2
Why the duplicate post?
Member with 41 posts.

01-Jul-2012, 08:42 PM #3
Should I have edited the first with the indication of "VLOOKUP" ?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!