Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Excel to Word!

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 13 posts.

Experience: Beginner
11-Jul-2012, 02:26 PM #1
Smile Excel to Word!
Hello Everyone.

I need a help with the VBA macro.

I have one excel file & a word file. I need the data in the excel sheet to copy in to the word document.

This is what i need,

1. When you open the excel file, it has five columns Container, Commodities. Location, Date, Consignee
2. The data in the Container column need to replace this "XXXXXXXXXXXXX" in the word document,
3. The data in the Commodities column need to replace this "AAAAAAAA" in the word document,
4. The data in the Location column need to replace this "BBBBBBBB" in the word document,
5. The data in the Date column need to replace this "YYMMDD " in the word document,
6. The data in the Consignee column need to replace this "CCCCCCCCC " in the word document,
7. once the unit column & comments column data is copied in to the word document. I need the word document to be saved with the file name of "XXXXXXXXXXXXX" which means in container number.

As a end result, i would have each file for each row in the excel file.

Is this possible? Could someone help me with this thing?

Thank you so much for looking in to this,

Regards.
VIvek
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Data.xlsx (10.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: doc Template.doc (28.0 KB, 54 views)
Computer Specs
Member with 13 posts.

12-Jul-2012, 12:30 PM #2
Can anyone please urgently look in to the above and help me....
Member with 10 posts.

13-Jul-2012, 01:22 AM #3
Hello - I would use the mail merge feature that Microsoft supplies in Word (not a macro). The 'Template' you provided was in the 97 - 2003 format while the Excel worksheet was in the 2007 or up format. I have assumed that you are working in the 2007 version of MS Office with my post. If this is not the case, there are also instructions for mail merge with previous versions at the Microsoft website. Here is the link - I hope it helps!

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...010081976.aspx

Thanks!
Computer Specs
Member with 13 posts.

15-Jul-2012, 02:14 AM #4
Hi ,

Have attached the word document in 2007 format, Please create a macro and confirm me asap. Many Thanks for your help.

G.vivek
Attached Files
File Type: docx Template.docx (14.0 KB, 30 views)
Member with 10 posts.

15-Jul-2012, 12:29 PM #5
I previously added the link to do the mail merge. The link to create a macro in MS Word is http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...010099769.aspx.

As they say, give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!