Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Question on Word doc footers

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Beginner
27-Jul-2012, 07:12 PM #1
Question on Word doc footers
How can I insert page numbers (x of y page format) into the lower right corner of the same footer that has copyright language in the bottom left corner? I am working with Word 2010 in a large capacity PC.

When I put in the second of the two items the first is lost, even though I've selected a divided footer.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

gbwtlc
Member with 989 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Jul-2012, 04:23 PM #2
Try this: In the line you want the page number and copyright information on, insert a right tab at the position of the right margin. Enter the copyright info, then hit Tab. The cursor will move to the right margin and you can enter the page number.
Computer Specs
Member with 10 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 05:03 PM #3
coytight text and page numbers both in footer (Word doc)
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I am such a computer neophyte that I don't even know what you mean by "enter a right tag at the right margin" so I'm unable to try your proposed solution. Can you tell me again in over-simplified instructions what you have in mind? I would really appreciate that. gbwtlc
Member with 989 posts.

30-Jul-2012, 07:01 AM #4
Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the Word ribbon. Locate the section near the center that says "Paragraph" and click on the small arrow at the bottom right corner. The "Paragraph" window will open. At the bottom left of it, click on the "Tabs" button. Enter the tab stop position (should be whatever your right margin is - by default 6.5). In the "Alignment" section, click "Right." At the bottom, click "Set." Then follow the steps in my earlier post.
Computer Specs
Member with 10 posts.

30-Jul-2012, 07:23 PM #5
Copyright text and page numbers both in footer
Thank you, md2gyk, for your second response. I really appreciate it. I followed you very clear instructions, inserted the copyright text first, then pressed the tab button and the cursor went to the proper place in the lower right corner where I wanted the "Page x of y" to be. As I entered that, the copyright text disappeared, the same as before. I'm totally bewildered! gbwtlc
Member with 989 posts.

31-Jul-2012, 07:09 AM #6
I don't understand why you're having this problem. I just tried what you want to do and it worked perfectly. Sorry, I don't know what else to suggest.
Computer Specs
Member with 10 posts.

31-Jul-2012, 09:40 AM #7
Footer problem
Dear md2lgyk,

Thank you for trying! Sometimes computers are very mysterious. I'm sure there's something I'm doing or not doing that makes the difference, but I'll find a way to get along without solving this problem. I do appreciate your efforts to help me. gbwtlc
Member with 989 posts.

01-Aug-2012, 06:36 AM #8
You're welcome.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!