Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Excel Attendance (Formula Needed)

(!)

Member with 4 posts.

28-Jul-2012, 10:25 PM #1
Arrow Solved: Excel Attendance (Formula Needed)
Hello Everyone,

I need a formula that counts the # of days an employee did continuously come to work before they had an absence. The three different kinds of absences are Sick (S), Vacation (V), and Other (O). So for example if a person came to work Jan 1st -5th and was absent on the 6th. I need a cell that has "5" in it after P, O, or S shows up in cell (denoting how many days that person came to work in a row before they had an absence?)

I have attached a sample of how this was formulating in my head, but feel free to change this and make it how it should be.

If anyone can help, thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx For Tammy.xlsx (9.3 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by KDthekid; 29-Jul-2012 at 08:24 AM..
Member with 27 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Jul-2012, 03:29 AM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDthekid View Post
Hello Everyone,

I need a formula that counts the # of days an employee did continuously come to work before they had an absence. The three different kinds of absences are Sick (S), Vacation (V), and Other (O). So for example if a person came to work Jan 1st -5th and was absent on the 6th. I need a cell that has "5" in it after P, O, or S shows up in cell (denoting how many days that person came to work in a row before they had an absence?)

I have attached a sample how this was formulating in my head, but feel free to change this and make it how it should be.

If anyone can help, thanks in advance.
Hi KDtheKID

PLease attach the file once again so that i can try to solve your prob.
Member with 4 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 08:24 AM #3
Sam I attached it thanks for your help.

Last edited by KDthekid; 29-Jul-2012 at 09:21 AM..
Member with 27 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 11:15 AM #4
hi,

i have tried to find a solution for you, and uploaded the file please have a look and reply me if it work for you.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx For%20Tammy(1).xlsx (16.7 KB, 71 views)
Member with 4 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 04:32 PM #5
Thanks Sam. But I needed something that counted the # of presents since the last absence.....if its even possible. Like if they came to work the 1st though the 5th then was absent on the 6th it would have 5 under a "# of Presents since the last absence" heading. Then say they came the 7th and missed the 8th a 1 would populate. I think it it may need a Today function maybe.....

But Thanks for this one too. I will use the one you attached above for just general attendance.
Member with 506 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 07:16 PM #6
New Sheet CDI
Apologies - I redid the format of the page, and I used only "I" for 'Came In'. You can add the the people you want in the joining columns, but I left the formatting (cell colors and adding the dates of the month, and weekends (which on this have to be 'I") up to you. Hope this is kinda what you meant. Macro to run is "ConsecutiveDaysIn"
Attached Files
File Type: xls For TammyCDI.xls (45.0 KB, 49 views)
Member with 455 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 08:57 PM #7
Non Macro Solution
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx For Tammy.xlsx (11.1 KB, 62 views)
Member with 4 posts.

30-Jul-2012, 09:08 PM #8
Thank You Garf13LD! That is exactly what I needed! Thank You guys so much for solving this.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!