Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Problem Bringing Up Wordperfect

(!)

Member with 113 posts.

Experience: Beginner
06-Aug-2012, 12:13 PM #1
Problem Bringing Up Wordperfect
A few weeks ago I had computer problems which required Microsoft's assistance to rebuild a firewall.

Now, when I try to bring up WordPerfect, I get a message "No asset found for trial download (license id: 540232237) with -2 days left, source type 1, lang en and source ID 910008," and I am not able to access the program

Can anyone please advise at how to get my WordPerfct program to work? Thank you.

I have Windows7 64-bit.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 10,612 posts.

06-Aug-2012, 12:17 PM #2
I would do a uninstall and the reinstall it.
You do have your WP CD?
Member with 113 posts.

06-Aug-2012, 12:19 PM #3
I do not. I think when I purchased it I downloaded it from Corel's site.
Trusted Advisor with 3,993 posts.

06-Aug-2012, 04:21 PM #4
If you log into your Corel account and look at your order history, the download link may still be there. If it's not, do you have the installation key? You can contact Corel and they should be able to send you another link.
Member with 113 posts.

08-Aug-2012, 08:33 AM #5
Corel's website no longer has it, but I found it downloadable from CNET. I deleted the program from my computer, downloaded it afresh from CNET, and input the key. But when I clicked on the program to start, I received the same message I was getting before, and it is still not allowing me to access theprogram. Any ideas?
Trusted Advisor with 3,993 posts.

08-Aug-2012, 10:16 AM #6
Do you have the option to repair the installation? If so, try that first. If not, I would uninstall the version you have on your computer now and email Corel and explain what's happening. It appears several people have had success with them sending a link that fixed the problem within a couple of days.
Member with 113 posts.

10-Aug-2012, 08:39 AM #7
I contacted Corel. They declined to assist, saying that they do not offer support for anything below X5, and mine is version X4. So am I forced to pay through the nose to buy a new version (which I can't even do as an upgrade)?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

10-Aug-2012, 08:45 AM #8
That happens with all old versions of software. Companies simply cannot afford to provide support indefinitely for old products. Going forward, you need to keep original downloaded installation executables and back them up. Treat them as you would important data. Also keep any necessary license key information or installation programs.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!