Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Office and singleimageww.msi

(!)

Member with 5 posts.

21-Oct-2012, 04:07 PM #1
Office and singleimageww.msi
I installed Microsoft Office 2010 on my netbook when I bought it in December of 2011. I have never had a problem with it until today. When trying to start Word (or any Office program), I now get the installer pop up saying "wait while installing Microsoft Single Image 2010" or something to that effect. Then error 1706 pops up saying it can't find singleimageww.msi. I can not find my product key anywhere to try an uninstall/reinstall. I am a college student and can not be without my Office, as I have weekly essays for my composition class. Please help direct me the right way!

Here is my Sysinfo log. Thanks in advance.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N570 @ 1.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1011 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 225060 MB, Free - 192759 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, JE06_PT
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled
Computer Specs
Member with 60 posts.

Experience: Beginner
21-Oct-2012, 06:30 PM #2
I had something similar happen to me with office 2010 professional. Did you make any kind of changes to the security of your C: drive (or whatever drive you have office installed in)?? This is what caused my similar problem. Try to right click on your system drive, click properties, select Security tab and make sure that the right permissions are set. Make sure SYSTEM has full control. If everything seems normal, find your Microsoft Office folder under c:\program files and check those security settings. Pay particular attention to your user account and make sure its there with full permission if not add yourself. Hope this helps
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!