Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Strongvalt Online Backup popup message

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

15-Nov-2012, 06:25 PM #1
Talking Solved: Strongvalt Online Backup popup message
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite M505
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200

After downloading OpenOffice.org I noticed that a software that came with the download, Strongvalt Online Backup was not behaving the way I would like. After booting my system several times and not being online I decided to uninstall Strongvalt Online Backup. Now whenever I right click on any type of Microsoft Word or OpenOffice.org document I receive the following popup message.

Strongvalt Online Backup

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again or enter an alternative path to the folder containing the installation package setup_ strongvalt.msi in the box below.

Use Source
C:\Program Files (x86)\Strongvault Online Backup\

How do I remedy this problem?
Thank You!
Member with 506 posts.

15-Nov-2012, 08:59 PM #2
Strongvault looks like it may be one of those things that download sites add to the unsuspecting when they download what they are originally after. At any rate, it is not part of Open Office. Not sure what method you used to uninstall it, but here is a shot. It has the normal removal procedure and a link for what to do if this procedure does not remove it.
http://strongvaultfree.com/pages/uninstall
Good Luck
Member with 2 posts.

16-Nov-2012, 02:00 PM #3
Thank you very much. I have followed your instructions and link. I have submitted the following revised message.

Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite M505
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Pentium(R)Dual-Core CPU T4200

After downloading OpenOffice.org I noticed that a software that came with the download, Strongvalt Online Backup was not behaving the way I would like. After booting my system several times I decided to uninstall Strongvalt Online Backup. When I did the uninstall I was not online and followed the following procedure. Start>Control Panel>Add Remove Programs, click on Strongvalt Online Backup, click uninstall. Now whenever I right click on any type of Microsoft Word or OpenOffice.org file/document I receive the following popup message.

Strongvalt Online Backup

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again or enter an alternative path to the folder containing the installation package setup_ strongvalt.msi in the box below.

Use Source
C:\Program Files (x86)\Strongvault Online Backup\

How do I remedy this problem?

Thanks again for your help!!
Member with 1 posts.

26-Nov-2012, 10:16 PM #4
Stronghold.com replied with this suggestion, which cleared up the uninstall on my Win 7 PC:
- Open up Internet Explorer Browser
- Go here: http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/
- In the Filter Solutions SEARCH box: TYPE in "Uninstall"
- You should see an option called: "Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled"
- Click RUN NOW
- Go through the steps and select (manually choose the software that you are having issues uninstalling)
- Find Strongvault and complete the remaining steps
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!