Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

'AOIndex' is not an index in this table

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

24-Jul-2003, 02:29 PM #1
'AOIndex' is not an index in this table
Access 2000 on a Windows 2000 box

When I try to open an existing database I get the following error ( 'AOIndex' is not an index in this table )and the database will not open?

Help?
Member with 137 posts.

24-Jul-2003, 05:14 PM #2
You have a corrupt file in your database. This link here provides some ideas on how you may recover your data. If you scroll to the first chart, you will see your error exactly. Good luck.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

26-Feb-2008, 10:00 AM #3
Smile DIY Fix
Plenty of instances of this around the net. Access just won't open the database at all. Numerous suggestions around including VBS scripts, jet utility etc etc, none of which helped but after some 12 hours trying various things, I managed to fix mine:

Firstly, you need a known working database (either original prior to intallation or a backup). Clear it of any records in access first - ie empty but structure all there.

I managed to recover all the tables from the busted database (minus relationships) using recovery software. I can't say what might work for you but Kernel Nucleus was about the best I found. What I ended up with was the tables and records essentially but no relationship information etc. So, I exported each table in turn as an excel document then, using the known good version of the database with records deleted (you sometimes have to delete records in one table before others) I imported the records back to the correct tables. All other fixes I found on the net merely resulted in creating copies of each table with the suffix '1', so try the above. You may get a few error messages during import but it worked ok. It pays to put everything you're working on (including excel sheets) in a folder so you don't inadvertently ruin any existing copies.

Not found this fix anywhere online so hope it helps someone somewhere. If it does work for you, post back, that way I know it was worth putting this suggestion up!

Last edited by jackbox; 26-Feb-2008 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: typos
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!