Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to remove Adobe completely?

(!)

Junior Member with 18 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Oct-2004, 10:31 PM #1
How to remove Adobe completely?
Hi,

Could somebody advise on the following please?

Something happened to my Adobe Acrobat Pro 6.0 and I decided to repair it. When I was trying to do that, it requested the CD but once the CD is inside it gives me the message: Not valid source. But it is the CD that it has been installed from!

After a couple of tries I decided to uninstall it and to install anew. But I could not do it through Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs. It again requested the CD. I inserted the CD and it requested: Disk 1 while I have only one CD.

After a while I decided to remove it manually. I deleted the keys from the registry and all folders. I ran search and deleted everything with the word Adobe Acrobat.

But once I try to install it, it gives me only the options of repair, modify or remove and none of them works, which means it is still there. The story repeats: it requests the CD and it does not go any further.

Please advise how to remove it completely?

Thanks.

Last edited by pavellka; 15-Oct-2004 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Senior Member with 3,791 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Oct-2004, 03:21 PM #2
I've seen a number of postings on a lot of varied boards and fora implying problems with AA 6. My best sugegstion would be to repeat your manual uninstall and seek out a version of AA 5. It's more than adequate and you probably already have a copy embedded in a CD somewhere that came with a new piece of hard or software.
Junior Member with 18 posts.

Experience: Beginner
16-Oct-2004, 04:25 PM #3
Thank you but I do not know what to do.

I can see Adobe Acrobat in Control Panel>Add/Remove programs but there is no option "Remove". It is probably because I deleted the keys in the Registry.

The question is how to do that? How to remove it manually and compeletely?
Senior Member with 3,791 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Oct-2004, 02:28 AM #4
Sorry - I assumed from your first posting that you'd done most of that. I think all you can do now is more of the same until you've lost all trace of it but what remains now probably won't get in the way of the earlier version. So long as you associate all .pdf files with opening in AA 5, the later version won't show its face again.

If there are any problems, you may need to run one of the recommended Registry cleaners that get mentioned here from time to time.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!