Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Internal Support Function Returned An Error

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
19-Oct-2004, 05:45 PM #1
Unhappy Internal Support Function Returned An Error
The above error message occurs when I attempt to send an e-mail message to a distribution list I have created. Running MS Outlook on WinXP Home Edition. I can successfully send the same message (or any other) when sending to an individual. Any ideas on what is wrong and how to correct? Thanks for any help.
Member with 49,015 posts.

19-Oct-2004, 05:48 PM #2
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
19-Oct-2004, 06:20 PM #3
Changing Permissions
Thanks for the link. I went to the Contacts Folder and right clicked to try and set permissions but under properties there was no way to set permissions (no tab). Any idea where I go to check permissions and change them? By the way, it appears that Word is being used as the editor for Outlook in this case. And, when I use the help function in Outlook and search on permissions or folders almost everything it pulls up says you must have Exchange for the instructions to be valid. Don't have that since this is not an enterprise but just a single machine. Thanks again.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-Dec-2004, 12:32 PM #4
The following link should solve your problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=222329

I had a customer with the same problem...I searched Microsofts website and found nothing. I type the error message into Google's search engine and up popped this link...exactly what I needed (and, I believe, you also).
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Jun-2008, 01:29 PM #5
On some of the emails I receive I get an error box when I try to forward them. Some have attachments and some don’t.

Here is the sequence I go thru when trying to forward such emails:
+ I click on ‘forward’
+ I add my distribution, including any attachments [if any]
+ I delete any previous forwarding names and distributions
+ I also delete any junk/spam info usually at the bottom on the message
+ I then click SEND
+ Immediately an error box appears titled MS Word with the message
An internal support function returned an error”
+ The entire email I am attempting to forward [to you and others] immediately goes into the “DRAFTS” folder
+ Further attempts to SEND the email is useless and I keep getting the same ‘error message’

Question: What do I have to do to SEND such emails??? Or, what settings must I change to allow me to send such emails?? I currently have 11 such emails in the DRAFTS file. I never know when an email I am attempting to forward will end up in the DRAFTS file or if it will go through as it should.
Email This Email  Print This Print  Add to Favorites Favorites  Tweet This Send to Facebook Send to MySpace Send to StumbleUpon Digg This | More Services More
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!