Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to lock table & cell sizes is word?

(!)

Senior Member with 413 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Jun-2005, 02:59 AM #1
How to lock table & cell sizes in word?
Hey guys,

I have a problem that seems to be very persistent, it such an obvious thing that there must be a simple solution for it I guess

I'm making stickers with some text on them. For a nice layout I've found it easy to make a table (e.g. 2x24), where every two rows are one sticker on those A4 sized sticker sheets that I use. These two rows do not have the same height.
After playing a bit with margins and cell size and so on, the text appeared nicely on every single sticker. However, when I add some text, the horizontal margins of the table cells move up or down and the whole layout is basically gone because this affects the position of every row below it!
Since I'm making many different ones this results in a lot of work for every sticker sheet that I'm making.

It seemed to be solved by not allowing the "Automatically resize to fit contents" table-option. But still every time the cells are enlarged upwards or downwards when I enter more text. I can't define a row height because two rows are on one sticker and do not have the same height. However every block of two rows do have the same "combined height" since that is the height of one sticker. Does anyone know how to solve this?
Thanks in advance!

Cheers.

/NL

Last edited by NightLord; 20-Jun-2005 at 06:04 AM..
Senior Member with 2,702 posts.

Experience: there's no substitute for it, apparently
20-Jun-2005, 09:13 AM #2
For sure don't allow the "Automatically resize to fit contents" option.

Beyond that you should be able to use "specify row height" (on the Row tab -- something like "row height is at least x or y cm" (alternate rows) where x + y = the combined height).

You can always post your file here if you think looking at it might help.

Rgds,
Andy
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!