Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Unable to attach file in Outlook 2000

(!)

Member with 97 posts.

Experience: Advanced
05-May-2006, 11:47 AM #1
I have a client that is unable to add an attachment to her email. This client is on a network and has a user profile. I logged into the client's machine with my login and have the same problem. I have run the Office 2000 software repair disk and still have the same problem. There are no viruses or spyware on this computer. I have also brought down a new profile for this client and the problem still exists. The .pst files have also been checked for size and whether they are corrupt. They are good. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Member with 4,692 posts.

05-May-2006, 02:06 PM #2
Can you describe in more detail what happens when they try to attach something? Does the program crash or error out, does the email accept the attachment but is not recieved by recipient? More details please.

Rollin
Member with 97 posts.

05-May-2006, 04:13 PM #3
The attachment does not attach to the email and then Outlook dies and has to be restarted.
Member with 97 posts.

10-May-2006, 04:07 PM #4
Update: After working on this problem for several days and hours, I discovered this is not only an Outlook problem, but the same problem exists in MS Word when I try to attach a document from a mapped network drive in another location. Perhaps I need to remove the mapped network drives and re-install them.
Junior Member with 8 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-May-2006, 05:54 PM #5
See the top post in this forum. Microsoft update is causing this problem.
I have removed the 'fix', but the problem still exists sporatically.

Microsoft Update MS06-015 (908531) IMPORTANT!
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 11 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
12-May-2006, 01:01 AM #6
Source
Dear,

I have the same problem in my home pc. Can any one to help me??...

Shiju
Member with 97 posts.

12-May-2006, 02:55 PM #7
Solved: Unable to attach a document in Outlook from a mapped drive
To all that has been following my original posting. I have resolved the problem of not being able to attach a document in Outlook from a mapped drive. After backing up and re-imaging my client's computer, she again was able to attach a document in Outlook from a mapped drive. However, when I added the Photosmart printer back to her machine the problem re-occurred. The photosmart printer was connected through a USB port. I removed the printer, uninstalled the printer drivers and related software and rebooted the machine. I had my client log back into Outlook and try attaching the document from a mapped drive again. It worked without any problems. .........I'm lucky this time because the client is only a few feet away from a Xerox network printer and can live without the Photosmart printer.

Last edited by Cappi; 12-May-2006 at 03:32 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!