Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Autorecovery problem in Microsoft Word

(!)

Member with 1,221 posts.

17-Oct-2006, 05:27 PM #1
Solved: Autorecovery problem in Microsoft Word
I have Autorecovery turned on for Microsoft Word and when ever is Auto saves my work every 10 minuits it says, " Saving the Autorecovery file is postponed for (filename). " I want to use Autorecovery but why isn't it working. How do I resolve this?
Member with 1,221 posts.

19-Oct-2006, 08:07 PM #2
How do I fix this problem????
Member with 1,221 posts.

19-Oct-2006, 08:09 PM #3
I have Autorecovery turned on for Microsoft Word and when ever Autorecovery saves my work every 10 minuits it says, " Saving the Autorecovery file is postponed for (filename). " I want to use Autorecovery but why isn't it working. How do I resolve this?
Member with 17,584 posts.

19-Oct-2006, 11:02 PM #4
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174162

But unless you care to also disclose what Word version, running on what Windows version, we really have nothing more to go on...
Member with 1,221 posts.

20-Oct-2006, 04:02 PM #5
O...sorry about that. The version of Windows is Windows XP Professional and the Microsoft Word version is 2002.

Now could you please help me find the solution to my problem?

Thanks.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

20-Oct-2006, 04:55 PM #6
Member with 1,221 posts.

20-Oct-2006, 08:40 PM #7
I'm not sure if this link pertains to this problem because in the link it talks about getting two different types of error messages, but I only get one error message saying, " Saving the Autorecovery file is postponed for (filename) " every 10 minutes when the Autorecovery feature is supposed to turn on. I have Autorecovery set to turn on every 10 minutes, that's why it happens every 10 minutes. This is the only error message I get automatically every 10 minutes while I'm typing documents. Is there a precise way to fix this because this problem wasn't happening before?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

21-Oct-2006, 11:36 AM #8
Did you read the article? Does the file you're saving have one of the special characters listed in the file name? If so, remove the special character and see if the problem goes away.

Troubleshooting is not an exact science. You're going to have to try a few things. I've searched the web for this error and not found much which means a "precise" fix is likely not going to happen.

You could always try completely removing Office and reinstalling it.
Member with 1,221 posts.

26-Oct-2006, 03:25 PM #9
I forgot to mention this, but when ever I manually save a Microsoft Word file by clicking on save, then I get an error message saying,

" The save failed due to out of memory or diskspace. "
(C:\.. filename..)

Then it sais,

" Do you want to retry the save?"
Yes/No

After I click "yes" to the error message above, then I can manually save the file.

This is probably why I am getting the error message,

" Saving the Autorecovery file is postponed for (filename). " , when Autorecovery activates every 10 minuts.

I'm guessing this is why I'm getting these two error messages because of the same problem.

Why do I get these error messages if I have 3.39GB of hard disk left, out of a 38.2GB drive.

I have memory because I am not getting any low memory warning indicator in the taskbar and my PC is running at normal optimum speed.

What's wrong with MS Word?

Last edited by **__**; 26-Oct-2006 at 03:31 PM..

26-Oct-2006, 05:14 PM #10
I suspect you should try archiving some files to get more free diskspace. You are running close to the wind regarding free space.

The Windows paging file and system recovery areas are dynamic in terms of disk space usage, at times there may in fact be a shortage of disk space at that point?
Member with 1,221 posts.

10-Nov-2006, 03:41 PM #11
Now I have 29.4 GB of free space left and

Total Physical Memory 192.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 25.65 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 466.19 MB

I still have the same problem. Why?
Member with 1,221 posts.

12-Nov-2006, 11:28 AM #12
Could someone please tell me what to do?

Does the information in post #11 meet the requirements for Microsoft Word and if it doesn't, is that why Microsoft Word is erroring out because of the lack of physical or virtual memory?
Member with 1,221 posts.

12-Nov-2006, 12:43 PM #13
I just installed RAM booster Expert that defragments the physical memory and everytime when the physical memory droppes and I optimize it, the problem in Microsoft Word stoppes and everything works normally. But when the available physical memory drops about below 90 MB, then I get the message in microsoft word that sais it cannot save due to lack of disk space or memory. Is there any way that I can keep my memory up high as most closest to 192.00 MB so that the problem in Word will stop? 192.00MB=(total physical memory)

Advise would be greatly appreciated!

12-Nov-2006, 02:37 PM #14
It is HIGHLY unusual to have Windows running with so little physical memory left unused, and I agree that this is where the problem is likelt to be from.

What are the limits set for your paging file (virtual memory)?

If you have not allowed Windows to automatically adjust the paging file, and have defined a maximum that is too low, then this could be an outcome.
Member with 1,221 posts.

15-Nov-2006, 07:10 PM #15
When I go into System Properties> then I click on the Advanced tab> than I click onto Settings under the Performance sub-heading > than I click on the Advanced tab, than under the Advanced tab in performance options, I have (programs) selected under the Processor scheduling sub-heading, under the Memory sub-heading I have (programs) selected, and under the Virtual memory sub-heading when I click change and under the sub-heading Total paging file size for all drives, I have:

Minimum allowed: 2MB
Recommended: 286MB
Currently allocated: 287 MB

I have System managed size selected.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!