Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Missing folder in Outlook 2003

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Nov-2006, 10:16 AM #1
Smile Missing folder in Outlook 2003
Hi there All

Hope that you will understand what i am trying to tell you.

Ok, this user has a laptop and he is using microsoft outlook 2003. he connects to an exchanger server. he is also using a PST file.

Now he created new folders where he would organise his emails. The one folder, lets call it "Jack" is now missing. we can not find it anywhere. In Outlook you have that find function. Well i run that function searching for emails that belonged in that folder. All of them come up but i can not see where they are placed now. Those emails belong in the "Jack" folder but i can't find the "Jack" folder.

Can anyone help me on this? is there a way to see where a message is from in the find function???

Thank you and hope you understand.
Moderator with 69,368 posts.

30-Nov-2006, 03:37 PM #2
Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools, Folder Options and click on the View tab. Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files". Now click "Apply to all folders" Click "Apply" then "OK".

Now search the c: drive for *.pst

By default the folder(s) are created in a hidden folder which may be why you can't find them.

You could also go to File, Data file management and scroll down the list to see where the folder is or was.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Dec-2006, 03:24 AM #3
Hi there,

Thanks for gettign back to me but that is not the problem i have. i can fine the PST file. When i open Outlook it opens the PST File. The problem is the missing folder within Outlook's PST file. i have tried to insert a picture to show you what i mean. the folder circled in Red is missing in his Outlook.

Hope it makes more sense now.

Thanks again

[IMG]c:\max.gif[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Missing folder in Outlook 2003-max.gif  
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
04-Dec-2006, 06:32 AM #4
Post For Andre ...
Andre call me ,please ! Or my ICQ - 25634874 .Sorry for offtop .
Regards.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 237 posts.

Experience: 19 yrs
05-Dec-2006, 11:47 AM #5
A lot of times folders get moved inside other folders. Do you see a "+" sign beside one of the other folders. If so, open it and look inside there and that might be where the Jake folder is.
Moderator with 69,368 posts.

05-Dec-2006, 01:08 PM #6
Hi WazzaSA, I've been away, sorry for the delay in responding.

If this is still unresolved let me know.

From what I can see in the picture you are telling me the folder you circled is missing but yet I see it there. So are you telling me the files within the folder are gone?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!