Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Outlook Error Message: 0x80042108

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 298 posts.

25-Feb-2007, 11:13 AM #1
Outlook Error Message: 0x80042108
I'am using outlook for my busines e-mail, however yesterday I begun recieving this error message

0x80042108

I can no longer send/recieve emails, and I need help as quickly as possible. The microsoft website mentions the error may be linked to firewall howver I have not installed any new antivirus or firewall software and it has been working for months with my previous program.

Please help, need urgent fix.
Senior Member with 357 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Feb-2007, 11:53 AM #2
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Aug-2008, 08:25 AM #3
Outlook 0x80042108
I could not send or receive emails through outlook. The problem was even though I did not have Norton installed, it previously came installed on my new computer. When Norton is uninstalled, it really does not uninstall! Norton has a tool to completely remove it (it will remove any and all of your norton products) but the remains of Norton on my computer would not let me download the removal program!!! So I downloaded the removal program (very small only 600K) onto my other laptop and saved it to removable drive and ran it on the troubled notebook from the memory stick. Now everything works fine! By the way this problem also made it appear to certain programs that I was not online giving errors such as you appear not to be connected to internet!

The removal program is from Norton's website:

http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!