Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Office 97: Location of Office Shortcut Bar Settings

(!)

Member with 102 posts.

04-Oct-2001, 11:31 AM #1
Question Location of settings for Office Shortcut Bar
I'm setting up my new PC, which is running Win 2000. When I first got it, I logged in as administrator and started installing software and personalizing my configuration. Then I got smart.

I added myself as a new user in the Administrators groups, then started logging in as me rather than the default. Unfortunately I also realized at that point that the personal settings I had established so far were saved under Administrator. No problem: I was able to find and move a lot of the things I had done into the All Users profile, so I didn't have to recreate everything I had done.

However, I cannot find the place where the settings for the Office Shortcut Bar are saved. I did quite a bit to customize it, and would like to be able to recover what I did rather than start from scratch. Can anyone tell me where this file is kept? Is it in an .ini file or something?

Thanks!
Computer Specs
Member with 11,714 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Oct-2001, 01:18 PM #2
That depends on the version of Office. Things changed between Office 97 and Office 2000.

What version?
Member with 102 posts.

04-Oct-2001, 03:04 PM #3
Version
Office 97.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!