Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Highlighting Text in Outlook 2003

(!)

Member with 1,954 posts.

06-Apr-2007, 09:00 AM #1
Highlighting Text in Outlook 2003
I just sent an email in HTML format, not plain text. I can do a lot in it with font size, etc. But is there any way to highlight text? I thought it was in my toolbar but am not sure. Can it be added?
Member with 6,052 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Apr-2007, 10:09 AM #2
lschul,
Look for and Highlight tool on the toolbar as in the attachment. If it isn't shown, click on Tools> Customize> Commands tab and click on Format on the left and find the Highlight tool on the right and drag it to your toolbar. You can the back drag the text you want selected to highlight and then click the down arrow on the tool and select the color you want to use.
Attached Thumbnails
Highlighting Text in Outlook 2003-add-tool.jpg   Highlighting Text in Outlook 2003-highlight.jpg  
Member with 1,954 posts.

06-Apr-2007, 02:08 PM #3
I don't have format under commands???
Member with 6,052 posts.

06-Apr-2007, 03:12 PM #4
I only have Outlook 2002, but I thought it would have the same commands.
Look on the far right of a new message toolbar and see if you have the chevron with the down arrow like in my second attachment.
If you do, click on it and select Add or Remove Buttons> Format> and if Highlight is in the list, check it.
Member with 1,954 posts.

07-Apr-2007, 08:09 AM #5
Format is there but no highlight, is it possible they took it out?
Member with 6,052 posts.

07-Apr-2007, 09:30 AM #6
Do you have Word 2003 as your email editor? That may be the difference if you don't.
If that isn't the solution, you might have to ask in the Business section for someone using Outlook 2003. Don't know why they would remove it. The highlight tool is on my Outlook 2002, using Word 2002.
Member with 1,954 posts.

09-Apr-2007, 07:29 PM #7
Hi Augie, I am not getting notified when you reply. I am using Outlook as my editor. Can I post this as a link in the business section or do I need to start another thread?
Member with 6,052 posts.

10-Apr-2007, 10:01 AM #8
Just click the triangle on the right and ask a Mod to move this to the Business section.
I just tested in my Outlook 2002 and if I make Outlook editor instead of Word, I lose the option to
use the highlight tool.
Member with 1,954 posts.

10-Apr-2007, 10:28 AM #9
It must not be an option within Outlook, I will ask it to be moved jsut to be sure. Thanks
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!