Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Error: "office application version does not match"

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

19-Apr-2007, 09:08 PM #1
Solved: Error: "office application version does not match"
Hello all:

I have been using Office 2007 since I bought it about a month ago. Since yesterday, all of a sudden, every time I open an Office document (any application), it takes a long time to try to open the document, and then it comes back with an error "office application version does not match". I click OK, and then the document opens fine.

Any clues as to what may be causing this (and all of a sudden)?

Thanks,

Fernando
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is online now cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,870 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Apr-2007, 10:56 PM #2
Hi Fernando, and welcome to TSG.

Does this describe your situation?

Error message when you start a 2007 Office program on a computer that is running Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager: "Office application version does not match"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935569/
Junior Member with 2 posts.

20-Apr-2007, 07:11 AM #3
Exactly !!! Thanks for the link. This solved the problem and explains why it appeared all of a sudden. I am curious as to why these patches are not released through the Microsoft Update (which I check regularly).

Thanks again,

Fernando
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is online now cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,870 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Apr-2007, 09:39 AM #4
You are welcome. Glad we could help you out.

I gave trying to figure out what Microsoft is doing a long time ago. I have enough gray hairs as it is.

As the originator of this topic, you can keep our moderators happy by marking this topic "Solved" in the drop down thread tools menu above your first post.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!