Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

wtnsetup.exe in Winfax Pro

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
26-May-2007, 03:28 PM #1
Exclamation wtnsetup.exe in Winfax Pro
I have a new Dell Lap top with windows xp on it. I'm trying to install winfax pro. when i get to the part where it asks for my phone info - the window closes and jumps to the finish box. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it several times, including manual uninstallations.

I went into the winfax folder on the hard drive and tried to start the program using the .exe file - and was instructed "This application has not run to completion. Please run WTNSETUP.EXE from the program group before continuing".

I have tried to run wtnsetup.exe from the file folder as the program does not set up on desktop and have the result that it flashes off and closes.

I'd appreciate any assistance.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Jun-2007, 07:44 AM #2
I'm having the same issue.
Any news?
Computer Specs

20-Jun-2007, 01:14 PM #3
I've paid another tech group who remotely went on my computer and spent over 2 hours trying to find out why - even compared it to another computer that works fine.

So far no answers - but some points are: the new machine is a core 2 duo, and I've not been able to get the 6.0.3 upgrade to act to install - do you have a similar situation?
Computer Specs

20-Jun-2007, 01:35 PM #4
Sorry - that was a reply to another problem I'm now having -

I DID FIND AN ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM(!!) Go to: getfaxing.com/support forums/software suppor. Look until you find the post that tells you to goto the regional and language options in your control panel - it gives all the directions you need & was great and easy.

Good Luck!
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Jun-2007, 02:26 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxDux
Sorry - that was a reply to another problem I'm now having -

I DID FIND AN ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM(!!) Go to: getfaxing.com/support forums/software suppor. Look until you find the post that tells you to goto the regional and language options in your control panel - it gives all the directions you need & was great and easy.

Good Luck!
I got it Thanks!

SOLUTION:

1. In CONTROL PANEL, Click on REGIONAL AND LANGUAGE OPTIONS

2. Click on the LANGUAGES Tab.

3. Under "TEXT SERVICES AND INPUT LANGUAGES" Click on the DETAILS button.

4. Click the ADVANCED Tab.

5. Under System Configuration, enable the option "Turn off advanced text services" (Put the CHECK mark in this box.)

6. Click OK.

7. Restart the computer and then try WinFax PRO / TalkWorks PRO again. Number entry should now work in WinFax.

8. Now go back to the control panel following the steps above and undo step 5, un-check the option "Turn off advanced text services."
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!