Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

excel print larger font size

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
27-Jul-2007, 08:59 AM #1
excel print larger font size
I have a membership list on Excel for Mac that shows up on the computer screen at a nice readable size. When I print it, it is very small. I would like to have it print the font bigger and the columns fill up the pages to the edges. I have the orientation in landscape.
Computer Specs
Member with 4,174 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
27-Jul-2007, 09:04 AM #2
I would probably recommend that you go into print preview first. After this you will see the page breaks on the page. Do a "CTRL-A" to select all of the sheet and adjust the font size as necessary until it fills the page.

Some people might want to suggest the option to automatically adjust the page size settings in the "Page Setup" dialog box only shrinks text and does not expand it.
Computer Specs
Member with 7,837 posts.

Experience: Currently stupid...
27-Jul-2007, 10:15 AM #3
Make sure in the Page Setup that the scaling is set to 100% also. Otherwise, what looks fine in Normal View may print in a much smaller size.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
31-Jul-2007, 06:29 PM #4
I tried what you both advised but it didn't work. I did a print preview first, then hit ControlA, nothing happens. I can select everything by clicking on the symbol at the very top at the column and row junction. Then I can change the font size, but it doesn't change the font size of the printed page. Changing the Page Setup scaling makes the print bigger but only gets the first column on one page. I would like all 6 columns to show up in bigger print. Less rows on one page would be fine.
Computer Specs
Member with 7,837 posts.

Experience: Currently stupid...
31-Jul-2007, 07:09 PM #5
it sounds like you are in portrait mode - only one column prints on a page? How wide is your column? Have you tried printing in Landscape mode?
Junior Member with 25 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Aug-2007, 02:58 AM #6
It sounds like the problem is in your printer settings. Check the properties page for your printer to see if there are any options listed there that could be causing the page to reduce when it prints.
Have you set the print area on the spreadsheet. Highlight the data to be printed, go to file... Print Area... then click set print area and see if that helps.

Last edited by Zaurus; 01-Aug-2007 at 03:05 AM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!